1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

solderless adapter question

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by AV8B_USMC, Dec 4, 2004.

1. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

hey all, I just got my xenium ice solderless today and when I looked at the solderless adapter I noticed two of the top pins (where chip slides on) were bent at about 45 degree angles! I've looked at all the pics on the net I can find and none of 'em have bent pins. Is this just something new or do I need to send this thing back?

2. mel1djm

mel1djm Member

I just received a new xenium ice chip yesterday and none of the chips were bent. However I cannot get it to work yet. I have the xbox 1.5 version and when I connected it up I get a flashing red and green on the eject button. However the chip does light up red which from what I can read means the chip is ok. I tried to reseat the chip many times, as well as clean the socket with rubbing alcohol as I read. Is there something else I need to do. I read something about the included 2 wires that plug into the chip need to be setup with 1.5.

any help would be appreciated..

Dave

3. AV8B_USMC

AV8B_USMC Member

hey, yeah my adapter was all screwed up. I've already got a new one on the way right now from the guys I bought it from. Mel1djm...I just looked at an installation guide I found and it says that the 1.5 does need those two wires. If you don't have it you can check it out here http://www.teamxodus.com/pictures/Manuals/iceguide.pdf if you look at page 58 (error codes), it says you need 'em. Hope this helps you out.

4. mel1djm

mel1djm Member

Thanks I will look into it. I was looking over some docs and mabye I have the 1.4. I say this because the chip is lighting up red without the 2 wires. I guess version 1.5 needs the wires for power to the chip. I did one of those routines where it determines your chip. I came up with 1.4 or 1.5. However I need a multimeter to determine which of the two it is. You are surpost to do this to see which chip you need for you xbox.

Dave