1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

solderless chip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by joho5, Jan 24, 2007.

1. joho5

joho5 Member

my friend wants me to mod his box for him and since the box isnt mine...i want to do it with a solderless chip. i did mine soldered, but since it isnt mine, i want to use a solderless one.

what is anyone recomendations on a good solderless chip / adaptor combo.

do the wires stay in the holes well?

2. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

Xenium GOLD S.P. Solderless Xbox ModChip is my choice 100%. I've installed around 10 of them now and all still work perfectly. Just as long as you don't drop the xbox the wires stay in the holes pretty good!

Solderless Xecuter X3 CE ModChip has a good rep as well but make sure you know what ver. the xbox is before ordering it.

3. joho5

joho5 Member

thanks man...what installer do you use if you dont me asking?

i see you have a 300gb drive...how do you have it partitioned?

thanks

4. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

I personally think a.i.d 3.10 (auto installer deluxe) is the best and the easiest.

1. throw your chip in. 2 mins. max
    2. change out the old Hd with a larger 1. (close xbox)
    3. flash the chip with EvolutionX M8plus Bios
    4. put a.i.d disk in, launch your bios and follow the a.i.d tut cause it does everything!

The best way is to partition large Hd's is to use the G drive!

http://www.aideluxe.com/manuals_aid30_01.html

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  5. joho5

joho5 Member

how do you flash your xenium?

ive never flashed from a cd, ftp, or from a hdd

never learned

ive only done it from pc based applications...do you know where there is a small tutorial on how to flas from a cd or with your hdd?

thanks

6. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

7. joho5

joho5 Member

any significant differences between the ice and the gold chip?

if so where can i pick up an ice...the golds are all over the place.

8. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  9. joho5

joho5 Member

whats weird is that that is where i was going to order the chip from. my box is already open.

now is the ice a type of xenium chip?
    i know the gold is a type, but is the ice the older version?

if so whats the difference in the ice chp vs the gold?

10. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I would recommend the Xecuter 3 CE chip, if you haven't made a decision on what kind of chip to buy. I've had the Xecuter 3 CE for about a year now, and it is working great for me. Team Xecuter, who made the chip, have great tutorials on how to install them, and how to flash them. So you are never at a "stuck" point.

11. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

@DavGerm4

I didn't mean to come across the way I did. I just don't have an idea what makes either chip better. What it comes down 2 I guess is xecuter has been around for a longer period of time and there rep is golden.

@joho5

Which ever chip you decide on, order from this company below. I have ordered 3 times in a row it's been shipped that day.

http://www.modchipstore.com/Xbox-ModChips-1-255.html

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  12. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I really don't know much about the Xenium, I was thinking of buying one when I was going to mod my Xbox. You can buy the Xecuter 3 CE for both the 1.6 Xbox's, and the 1-1.5. They have different Solderless adapters that you can get. I have the Xapt3r 1.6 which is for Xbox v1.6's. They have the solderless adapters for the older Xbox's also. I wasn't trying to put anyone down about chips, I was just saying that the Xecuter is a great chip, and they have great service.

13. crazybass

crazybass Member

I recently got the X-Chip with the v1.6 solderless adapter. The install was pretty simple. The adapter has 5 blue LEDs to confirm proper connection. However, there was a bit of confusion when it came to plugging the X-Chip into the adapter. The adapter has 15 pins (7 rows of 2 and 1 with 1 pin) and the X-Chip has a 12 pin receptacle.

When I turn on the box I get FRAG (flashing red/green). According to the troubleshooting guide (which is basically useless) this error occurs when the BIOS is not good or there is a connection not made. I've checked the later, but am not sure about the BIOS. I initially flashed the chip with Cromwell and then EvolutionX build 3935. After getting the FRAG I found this thread (http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/128423) regarding XBOX v1.6, and am wondering where I should go now.

Your help is appreciated.

Mike

14. joho5

joho5 Member

man i dont know about the installs for v1.6 boxes, but i hear they are a bit more "trickier" than the older ones. i think the fragging can either be a corrupted bios file, but it can have something to do with the install of the d0 wire. is it in the correct spot and in there good?

thats the two things i have read about fragging.

Matt

15. crazybass

crazybass Member

Matt,

Thanks for replying. Since I posted I've found a couple of posts around the net that describe the exact problem. Unfortunately, none of them were helpful. There is one about lack of power to the X-Chip through the adapter, but the solution (soldering a line from the board to the chip) did not resolve my issue. I've since been in contact (finally) with Easybuy2000 and have been told a tech person will help me resolve the issue.

Mike

16. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

Hey guys, i jus installed ma xenium chip in about 1 minute nd when it came to flashing the chip, it gave me a message saying " Unknown flash, Halting !" I later understood it was " write protected " How do i disable this feature so i can flash the bios ?

17. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I've gotten this issue before, and have solved it every time! You will want to check the Xapt3r and see if the pins are in the right place. I had one of the wires pop out, and when I tried to put it back in, I snapped the wire! I put a little hot glue to it, and it has been working fine since!

18. joho5

joho5 Member

its a small switch on the chip...you just click it to disable (opposite of what its on now) and if thats trully the problem, itll work.

how are you flashing the chip?