1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solderless mod chip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by claykoff, Jul 16, 2007.

1. claykoff

claykoff Member

My buddy has a Xbox and he wants to be able to play back upped games. What is the best solder less chip to go with, that doesn't cost much?

Thanks

2. steimy

steimy Active member

well, does he actually want a chip? What does he plan to do with his system?

Softmodding is the cheapest option to go with.
    But a modchip will give you an easier time if you ever have errors or want to replace the hard drive with a larger one.

And make sure the very first thing thing he does when he gets it back is setos up an FTP connection with his PC and makes a copy of his EEPROM file and FTP's it to his PC, If you do not do this and you softmod the system you could be very sorry you didn't later.

http://www.gocybershopping.com/customer/product.php?productid=1434&cat=220&page=1
    nmote that there is a solderless adapter to buy as well. Also the Xenium Gold has a solderless adapter as well.

But let me also tell you that if your friend happens to have a version 1.6 Xbox, i would spend the money to ship it to a reputable shop (Teammodders.com) and have a DuoX2 chip soldered in. The V1.6 solderless install is more of a headache then it is worth.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  3. claykoff

claykoff Member

He just wants to be able to play back upped games, and not risk breaking his Xbox. Doesn't want to spend more than $30, unless that is completely necessary

Thanks

4. steimy

steimy Active member

the DuoX2 is the cheapest stable chip i know, it is about $20 for the chip, $35 for the install and $15 shipping each way. So if he wants it modded then he will have to spend some money.

The softmod option is the cheaper way but you still need the game (can get splinter cell really cheap used at gamestop or EBgames, i think mine was about $4), then of course the AR Max which is $25 on Ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/Action-Replay-C...4QQihZ006QQcategoryZ41018QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

5. claykoff

claykoff Member

So how does the softmod option work?

6. steimy

steimy Active member

simple really, you download the needed programs.
    Personally i like SID and AID, and not the AID that is the Ndure version as i do not like the boot mode options.

Then you get AR Max for Xbox which is about $30
    Then you get one of these games:
    007 Agent Under Fire, Splinter Cell (first one), Mech Assult.
    make sure they are not the platinum hits versions. You can get used copies at EB Games for about $4
    then just read this, or the PDF guide that comes with SID and AID can also walk you through it. I read the guide then i used the PDF files on my PC as i was doing the Xbox. I did my first one without any problems and could not beleive how easy it was.
    http://www.teammodders.com/forum/how-to-softmod-your-xbox-with-ease-xbox-live-compatible-t2058.html

7. claykoff

claykoff Member

does it have to be Action replay "max"

8. Whisp3r06

Whisp3r06 Member

As long as it comes wit the mem card you should be fine, im going to put mine on ebay soon, ive got a few :p