1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

soltek mobo issues

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by x_caliber, Feb 26, 2005.

1. x_caliber

x_caliber Member

hey guys...havin some serious issues with my new soltek sl-915gpro-fgr....

#1 - for some reason i cant get my fire wire to work properly....it sees it in device manager but it says device is not functioning properly....ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling...tried lookin for different drivers....even tried what i thought was firewire drivers on my mobo disc but no go.....any suggestions

#2 - this one maybe not so much a mobo problem as a hd problem....about a month or two ago i purchased a new hd a maxtor 6B300S0 sata drive....for about a the first month i ran it wiht my old rig on a gigabyte ga7n400 pro2 mobo....now i had serious problems then that when i would shutoff my pc for any extend periods of time (like more than a couple hours) when i turned it back on it wouldnt recognize my sata drive...it would act like it wasnt there at all....so i would clear the cmos and then boom it would see it.....well since then ive changed to the soltek board and ive been having the same problems....im really thinkin it is the hd and im gonna contact maxtor to get their input on a possible warranty replacement, but i thought id get some inpu from you guys too.....any thoughts are welcome please....

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

if happening on 2 different motherboards i would say it is the drive that is the problem. try another sata cable to confirm that it is the drive causing the problem

3. x_caliber

x_caliber Member

i thought i ahd replied to ya but it didnt show up...lol...here it is again...the hd seems to be the issue in my eyes too but the strange thing is that to get the drive to be detected on a cold boot i have to clear my cmos....which is a major pain in the a$$....other than that the drive works great....really fast ultra quiet and lots of space but the cmos thing keeps me wonder maybe it isnt the hd....but ive already contacted maxtor about the hd and soltek about both issues so i'll see what they say...thanks for the fast reply ddp :)

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

post what end result is