1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solution to DSTT problems

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Tasumu, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Tasumu

Tasumu Guest

Tips for handling the DSTT card.

The DSTT slot 1 card is very temperamental and causes frequent freezing of the Nintendo DS.

To use the card initially, format the micro SD card. I have found FAT 16 to be a more stable formatting option than FAT 32. Connect to a USB 1.1 slot rather than a USB 2 slot.

Formatting to FAT 16: Double click on the “my computer” icon. Right click on the micro SD card drive and select “format”. Under file system, select “FAT”.

When the card is formatted, copy the system files on to the card. These consist of
    1). A folder called TTMenu
    2). A system file called TTMENU
    3). A Video CD Movie called TTMENU

These 3 items should be copied on to the root menu of the card.

Now copy on to the card any games you wish to play. The games are usually stored in a folder giving the name of the game. This folder contains a file called xxxxxx.nds depending on the game. Copy the whole game folder on to the root menu and not individual files.

Place the micro SD card into the DSTT card and insert into slot 1. When you switch the NDS on, you should have a list of games. DO NOT START PLAYING ANY GAMES YET!!!

Select “SysOption” at the top left hand corner of the screen. Make sure Default reset is set to “On”. Exit “SysOption” by pressing “back”.

You can now play your games.

To exit a game, press “A” “B” “X” “Y” and the “L” and “R” buttons simultaneously. This will bring you back to the opening screen. This option does not work if Default reset is not set to “On”.

To switch off the Nintendo DS, Select “SysOption” and press “Power Off”. Do not switch of using the NDS power switch. The system will freeze.

If the Nintendo DS freezes or shows a faint screen on starting up, switch off and wait about 20 minutes (difficult in the middle of a gaming session I know!!).

This has solved all my DSTT frustrations. I hope you find it useful. If you do, let me know.

2. Fakamaz

Fakamaz Member

Did it help to solve a "add new game" problem? As once I am adding any new game, most of the games I had (including a new one) would not run...

So far, I am keep doing re-format thing.
    And to clarify, should I place folders to the root of the card and not actual roms and saves, right?