1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solve this one

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by dave001, Sep 5, 2004.

1. dave001

dave001 Guest

Hi. i backed up a dvd that i have using dvdcopy2. The movie contains subtitles and it activates when someone speeks foreign, and deactivates when speaking english. Thats normal. But the copied version played in my stand alone dvd player doesn't activate the subtitles, but my origional does. Any solutions?
    Thanx

2. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Hi dave001. :)

An option would be to used DVD Shrink v3.2.
    Jus make sure "Hide audio/subpicture streams of insignificant size" is unchecked, in the "Edit >> Preferences" menu.

If you use its Full-disc mode, the backup will work like the original.
    If you use its Reauthor mode (for a movie-only backup for example), I'd suggest you view the following guide:
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/forcing_subs.php

If you do not know what the subtitle stream you're supposed to select is, you can use WinDVD (or equivalent) to identify it.
    - Right-click on the screen while the movie is playing.
    - Access the "Subtitles" sub-menu.
    - Make note of the subtitle number or "position" in the menu (first, second,...).
    The subtitles will appear in the same order in the DVD Shrink "Compression Settings" pane.

I made it sound much more complicated than it really is. ;)

3. dave001

dave001 Guest

Thanx ddlooping. Sounds a bit complicated but will give it a go. :)

P.S I have nero ultra 6, is there a function on it like dvd shrink, or is dvd shrink the better program, in terms of pausing a skipping during playback?

4. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

You're welcome. :)

As I said, it does sound much more complicated than it actually is.
    The trickiest part (and it's rather straight-forward) is to identify the "forced" subpicture stream.

The following might help. ;)
    (my 1st post in the thread)
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39999

I would think a similar option is available in Nero Recode, but I don't know if it'd be any easier to set-up.

5. Yordan

Yordan Guest

Nero Recode and DVDShrink are the some thing (Recode doesn`t have the ripper) but try and master Shrink. Once you`ve done it, it`ll be your favourite tool.