1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some changes (reverting back to old rules) to forums

Discussion in 'Forum announcements' started by dRD, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

2. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

Into each life, a little rain must fall. (Source Unknown)

Into my life, 'falls' gentle Ginia. (Hi, Ginia!)[​IMG]

You are a rare and beautiful gem. Mostly, falling into our laps we get people who don't pay attention to anybody, anywhere, anytime, for any reason whatsoever. And that's if we're lucky. And then, it goes downhill from there. :)

Yep - they are a remarkably capable and good-willed group, 'tis true. And very hardy. I know some of them; I have chatted with a few more of them; I am sometimes one of them every 8 months or so; and I pretend to know the rest of them whenever I can get away with it.

Briefly recapping: "I paid attention and did what I was told!".

Atta girl! Therefore, I hereby direct....(er).... {request?, beg?} for your pretty hand in marriage. (OK?) Don't forget, Ginia, being a bonafide A/D Mod's missus brings with it tangible benefits:

* Free software which you would otherwise have to pay an arm and a leg for.

* Free software "cracks", fixes and workarounds that we don't generally offer to the general public.

* Millions and millions of dollars.

* Oodles and oodles of secret stuff, which I cannot disclose at this time.

* Lifelong adoration, committment, and undying gratitude.

I suppose what I'm saying, is that we don't get nearly enough gorgeous goils in here! 'Specially ones that follow even half of the rules that everyone else either ignores or 'forgets'.

Oh! Oh! (Be still, my beating heart!) Gorsh, I am all _a-flutter_!

Okie doke, then I will consider it a "done deal", Ginia. We shall be "ONE" by this time next Thursday. Should you be presently encumbered by any other significant 'other-halfs', we offer a quickie-anullment thread, whereby you can (conviently) become, magically, (overnight, really) 'free' of any current marital obligations, and then we can begin our wonderful and joyous life's journey together.

(Or we could just go on a date first, or something, if you think that would be better).

WELCOME to AfterDawn, Ginia! [​IMG]

-- Mike, A Wayward (Part-Time) Moderator. --

Last edited: Jul 12, 2004
  3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Ladies and gents! That's the one time this season we'll see this rare species, A_Klingon! :p

4. A_Klingon

I [bold]am[/bold] most frightfully sorry, Praetor - what you say is likely true.

I belong to that rare species, nearly-extinct, known as "SkunkUS Absentee-US DissappearUS". We can only be spotted during the fourth quarter of any second Tuesday during a partial eclipse of Pluto's fifth moon. Various "sightings" have been reported elsewhere, but the true identity of the grainy photograps subsequently submitted to NASA cannot be adequately confirmed by experts.

Fossil remains of our genus have been occassionally unearthed by Scientific Anthropologists, but DNA sampling has proven inconclusive.

Being a reclusive breed of Klingon by nature, we seldom appear during the day, preferring to hang out in dark caves, although it [bold]has[/bold] been noted that the consumption of alcoholic liquids will frequently cause one or more of our ilk to resurface on the internet boards, if only in the most fleeting of manner.

My apologies to all.

:)

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Recently, upon learning that once upon a time, during the third Centurion flux and during the short destabilization of the space-time continuum that followed, a piercing bright blue-white Zion light exploded from the Dogcrap 9 Nebula and illuminated those dark, almost impenetrable caves causing the awaking of those ancient, almost extinct race we know as the Klingons to rise long enough to bestow upon mankind those long hoped for treasures - –

Soon after, when the Dylithimum crystals were completely destroyed in their attempt to stabilize the rift between the Psyco-Universe and the Anti-Psyco Universe a truly dark vale fell over the Epsilon quadrant and the Klingons once again were forced to retreated back into the depths of their dark abode -

(Huuuuuuummmmm, thinkin if that should happen again, that maybe it would be worth putting on that Girlie wig and Blouse after all – them “goodies” sound gooooood :)

.>>>>>> . . . . . . . . Denoting the passage of time. . . . . . . . .>>>>>>

(That kissin’ Klingon stuff might well be a deal breaker though. Mayhaps it may require a bit more pondering -)

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Hmm!

And I thought some of the threads I haunted digressed from original intent to far-out scenarios. And as the alarms ring out into the night, I will turn and silently morph into the shadows, and into the background, and while carefully covering my trail flee to safety.

7. brobear

brobear Guest

Originally this thread warned against what has transpired. I like the venerable Sophocles will wonder and wander into the night.

8. A_Klingon

I'll have to remember to leave a trail of bread crumbs (or beer cans) behind me next time, so that folks will know where to find me.

:)

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Though perhaps too heavily veiled, it was my attempt to say I would like to be a Mod also BUT that kissing a Klingon might be too high a price to pay to get there - lol

"P"

10. A_Klingon

Yeah, good call, Pete. I mean, just take a look at Lieutenant Worf on ST-TNG, -- if you wasn't a goil, would *you* wanna kiss that face? (Even if you *was* a goil, I would have second thoughts). Even so, I feel it only fair to warn you that kissing a Klingon could easily trigger his/her rather .... (umm).... "unorthodox" mating rituals - [bold]not[/bold] something for the faint of heart, especially if he/she has been out on Space Duty conquering planets for 6 months or so without romantic interlude.

IOW, romancing a Klingon on Shore Leave is like unleashing the entire US Navy fleet on a small town in Iowa. (Good luck to Iowa).

High price, methinks, for Mod Priveledges, but I DO admire your courage and committment. We admire that sort of independant thinking and offer limited positions in the most Honorable [bold]S[/bold]ociety [bold]O[/bold]f [bold]K[/bold]lingon [bold]A[/bold]ssociate [bold]M[/bold]ods. [bold]<SOKAM>[/bold] Your duties would be light at first (you wouldn't have to kill anyone right away, for example, for double-posting or posting in the wrong thread. Simple maiming is usually sufficient in such cases). All Associate Mods get to share in the booty and spoils of our vanquished planets.

Honor and discretion is assured.

However, if you like, my colleague, GRILKA isn't doing anything this weekend,

[​IMG]

.... and if you are willing to do more than just hold-hands-on-the-first-date, I could probably "fix you up". Don't get her too gooned up on blood wine though - I think she ate the last 2 Associate Mods, (we are still looking for them, anyway).

Welcome to the FAM, ScubaPete! [bold]KAPLATT![/bold]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2004
  11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

[bold]I'll have to remember to leave a trail of bread crumbs (or beer cans)[/bold]

It'd be better if you could make that imported beer bottles, cans sound to domestic and with crumbs I'd just get lost.

12. brobear

brobear Guest

Heineken cans would suffice, as long as I was allowed to leave the trail. Do like the bottles better though, even though a good imported ale might be better than the beer.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2004
  13. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

and I reiterate, that “kissin the Klingon” stuff might well be a deal breaker (lol)

(Pulling myself up ta my full height and clearing my throat, Accckk, Huuummm)

"Son," I say, "Son, why," I say, "Why do ya think I've got on this silly full suit on ?" "Because I don't want to get those armor-plated, brain boring, Klingon cooties getting next to my precious lily white body."

With all those wonderful oodles and oodles of secret stuff plus all that plunder and booty (and the ScubaPete does appreciate a nice booty) Though the temptation is there, ole ScubaPete has to draw the line at Klingon kissing. HOWEVER, with the promise of maiming some deserving Newbies thrown into the deal, we could consider a bit "O" hand-ta-glove holding with the loverly Girlka. I've seen her right after she has taken an icy, blue-slime shower and, in a darkened cavern, on a moss-free asteroid she might be alright as a very short term companion iffin her legs and that stubby tail of hers would be encapsulated thus giving the old Man a chance at gettin away should things get a bit toasty -

Anything much more than that, I guess staying a Senior is better than "KAPLATT."

(Yep, much, I say Son, Much better than "Kaplatt" !

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1024MB RAM, 520GB HD.
    4 Drives, Pioneer 107, 8X R/W , Nec R/W ND-1300A, JLMS DVD ROM, AXV CD/DVD-ROM. GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB,
    OS– XP [/small]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2004
  14. bunj

bunj Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2004
  15. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Is that last post a reason to limit Newbies or just to to kill off this thread?

16. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

No Prisoner,

I don't think the thread needs to be sealed, we just need a divine intervention to edit that idiot's post and ban him to the neither regions of the twilight Zone from whence his little scheme came -

(Getting ready to say my prayers)

Now I lay me down to sleep I pray this idiot is banned to the Garbage heap - ;)

17. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Do you see there little Bobby, there is a God in Heaven ;)

Thank you, He who watches over us :)

18. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Prisoner

bunij was asking to get the boot. He was trying to entice members into becoming involved in a chain letter style money scam.

19. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Well that all makes perfect sense. I would like to move to Switerland and be the head of a large fun piramid plan. All money to me and none for the otehrs. who wouldn't want that.

But what are we talking about here now, Star trek. Why, every one know that Babaloon 5 was a much better series and the trek world, well its just sad.

And sadly enough I can quote any Next generation Episode and most of the old 1960's. The other two weren't the best either.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]I am not a number
    I am a Free Man[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2004
  20. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

If the forum were to allow anyone who wanted to ignore its purpose, to use it to make a fast ill-gotten buck based on a con, then AD wouldn't last long. It would soon become choked with the posted scams of internet scam artists. Choked to the point where any valuable information filled threads or posts, would get lost and buried beneath a mound of hyperbole designed to rip people off. I kind of like AD the way it is and I'm glad that these cheap, reprehensible, little thieves, find it hard to make a home for themselves here AD.
    _
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

In every dialogue and discourse, we must be able to say to those who take offence, "Of what do you complain?"

Pensees Section III: of the Necessity of the Wager[/small]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2004