1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

some channels are in black & white

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by domino581, Jun 1, 2007.

1. domino581

domino581 Member

I installed the program and driver perfectly, however some channels are in black & white and the rest are in color. How do I get every channel to be color?

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

sheesh. What program, what driver, what device?

3. domino581

domino581 Member

I bought the InterVideo WinDVR 3 and follow the steps of installing it. I installed the driver, the remote & application and it all installed smoothly however the majority of channels are in black & white while only a few channels are in color. Does anyone know how to fix the problem? or did i do something wrong?

4. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Intervideo WinDVR3 is a software application. You must be using some kind of device What TV tuner have you got, is it a card, or USB stick, what brand and model is it, and what kind of antenna connection have you got?

It may be that some channels are too weak for colour with your antenna setup especially if you are using a little indoor one, like the ones you see sticking out of tuner cards.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  5. domino581

domino581 Member

It is a card. I bought it on ebay and the box says PCI TV Card. I don't use antenna. I connect my cable wire straight to the cable-jack from the card. I still do not know why most channels are in black and white.

6. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

well, I would guess that some PCI TV cards don't work too well with cable. Some older ones were just meant for antenna reception. Without knowing the brand and model there's not a lot to go on.

Maybe you need to go into the channel settings and do some fine tuning?

7. keebles

keebles Regular member

maybe the tv shows are in black & white ( ex... old movies)^_^
    Or maybe you don't have the right region selected?

8. domino581

domino581 Member

haha its not old black and white movies lol All I know is that it's a PCI TV Card that is called InterVideo WinDVR 3 and I hook it up to my cable with a cable wire therefore I do not use a antena. The region, United States, is also correct. The device is called: 7130 TV tuner card. So if anyone can figure out why the majority of the channels are black & white I would appreciate it.

9. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Maybe yourcable service uses IRC (Incrementally Related Carriers). I found a thread about the Sinovideo 7130 TV card. People had this same problem with cable TV, when they installed this card, but the last post said,

http://www.tv-cards.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?pid=52728

Let us know if it works, please.