1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some More Newbie Questions...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Behr, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Behr

Behr Member

If you are certain all of the contents on a factory DVD, size wise, can fit on to the target DVD, can you do a direct dvd to dvd burn (with Nero) like you can do with a music CD, skipping all of the decryption / encryption stuff?

What does "enable overlap of I/O" mean?

Should I have "Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams" checked?

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

If original DVD content fits onto a DVD-R (4.37gb) then the use of DVD Decrypter in ISO Read then ISO Write mode would be the way to go.

Direct from DVD-Rom to DVD-RW drive is called 'on-the-fly' and is not usually recommended.

3. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

A lot of discs have copy protection so that wouldn't work.

I should clarify that On-The-Fly is what would not work. Doing the ripping works fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2005
  4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

then you can use dvd shrink and dvd decrypter and run anydvd in the background that combo will copy everything

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Are you stupid or something Joe N00b (I'm gonna presume for now that you're just ignorant) ???

It does work as ISO Read will decrypt the disc as it's ripping to HDD as .ISO

6. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

Why would so many people spend so much time (and money) developing these protection schemes, if you could get around them with a straight forward copy?

congratulations JoeN00b you get my Dumbass of the week award, and it's only MONDAY!!!

7. Behr

Behr Member

Say Mr_Taz_UK,

I see someone had to jog yer noggin (spell it out for you) before you could materialize a put down. Not too quick on the draw, are you? I guess all forums have their designated dick, and I see you're it.

BTW, I'm pretty sure I've backed up music CD's that have copy protection doing a staight disk copy... maybe their not the same, but that's 1)why I asked, and 2) why it say's 'Newbie' next to my name.

Jeez, some people's kids...

8. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

my comments were aimed at JoeN00b.

9. Behr

Behr Member

Ok, my bad... I thought you were ripping my obvious ultra lack of DVD knowlege..... See, I didn't even know enought to look thrugh the other poster's names... how's *that* for Newbie-ness?

-Behr

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You can also do a straight copy with Nero as you asked in your post. the only catch is you would need AnyDVD running in the background. Just another way you could do it..

if I may i believe JoeN00b was refering to Behr's original post and letting him know that a direct burn with Nero wouldn't work, but if I am wrong then I guess he deserves what ever you all want to throw at him... :) I hope thats what he was reffering to anyway if not he should have just kept quiet..