1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some n00b Questions

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by macca1990, Mar 23, 2005.

1. macca1990

macca1990 Guest

hi im pretty new to the dvd burning world and i have got some programs i prefer to use which are Winavi 6.3 4 converting purposes and tmpgenc dvd author 1.6

Here's My questions
    Q1.Tmpgenc only excepts mpeg files should i use mpeg1 or mpeg2

Q.2when i use mpeg1 some dvd's dont work and when i use mpeg2 my dvd's play on some playstation 2's and only some dvd players

Q.3 What type of dvd disk are best for burniing i am currently trying Ritek dvd-r 8x

Any answers on any of these questions is greatly appreciated

Thnx

2. john179

john179 Active member

I find mainconcept the best coversion software to use alongside tmpgenc dvd author 1.6.It is so easy to use and all you need to do is set it to vcd and it has the correct frame rates to work with tmpgenc.Give it a try you won't be disspointed.The disc's you are using will be fine mate.

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

compatibility is just down to media and players, you need to test a few discs out! i use ritek go5 -R 8x and not found a player yet to spit it out!

DivxToDvd if free! FAST! creates smaller files! and will except avi / mpeg etc and convert straight to vob/ifo/bup for burning! quailty EXCELLANT

[load 2 avi and it will make 1 film!]

NVE 3 will do everything! even have a menu and chapters and burn!

4. macca1990

macca1990 Guest

Thnx 4 Some Answers One More Question Should I Be Converting My Avi's To Mpeg1 or mpeg2 and does ir make a diffrence