1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

some problems with original xbox and softmod

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Synn, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Synn

Synn Member

Well on my xbox I softmodded it with the splinter cell and AR linux mod and I don't know what the hell happened but now every time I turn my xbox on whether or not there is a game in it always keeps going to the xbox live update screen. The screen says that live needs to update my system, now I have tried letting it update with live but it just keeps saying that live isn't responding and to try again later. Now if anyone could help me I would appreciate it alot.

2. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

ur live is set on auto sign in jus press back until u get to the regular dash then hold L and R and press back and start at the same time

3. Synn

Synn Member

well I tried what you said and sat there for like 5 minutes pressing back but it just kept saying xbox live is not responding please try again later. so I still don't know what to do but thanks for trying.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

5. Synn

Synn Member

yeah I know but see the strange thing is is that I don't even have an account on that xbox and I have never connected to xbox live with it besides the time I was trying to update it after this problem started. So I'm just completely lost as to what I could do. Is there any way I could take the hard drive out and put it in my computer and fix the files that way?

6. steimy

steimy Active member

it is poossible via a hotswap.
    You may just be able to delete the XBL update file if you do not plan on using XBL.

7. Synn

Synn Member

and a hotswap is where you install your harddrive into an already chip modded xbox correct? see I don't want the softmod anymore I just want the old dash and all that back. So if I were able to use another persons chip mod xbox how would I go about getting it back to normal?

8. steimy

steimy Active member

9. Synn

Synn Member

oh ok, well then how do you do that cause I have an extra pc that I could do it with. Like what does it require?

10. steimy

steimy Active member

the tutorial i gave you links to should help.

11. Synn

Synn Member

I don't know if it's just me but I can't figure this shit out, the way the tutorial is written I can't distinguish if I'm supposed to be putting the files on my xbox hard drive or what. In the tutorial it says I'm supposed to put my xbox hard drive into a pc with no other hard drives in it, but if I do that there will be no operating system to use. So if someone could walk me through it if you have done it I would really appreciate it.

12. steimy

steimy Active member

go to Xtreme-source.com and sign up. you will eventually find some people in the chat box who may be able to talk you through it on MSN or on the site.
    the person who wrote that tutorial is also a member there as well as myself.