1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some problems with the starview box...

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Deano1882, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Deano1882

Deano1882 Member

Hello All, i am new here and new to all of this. This site seems brilliant and i would grateful if any one could help me. I have just bought a Starview Box "The Box" a couple of days ago, and i am recieving most of the channels but i have a couple of problems...

1. I can't get ITV4 to work, it has just a blank screen (I am in the UK) I tried the frequency thing suggested on another topic but i am not 100% sure on what to do and i did not want to mess anything up, so if any one could explain as simple as possibly how i can get this to work!

2. Some of the music Channels MTV BASE, VH1 etc have no sound! Again any help appreciated.

And a final question...

I have a live events channel, is this the box office channel that has boxing, wwe etc and will it come on when there is an event?

Many Thanks!

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

3. Deano1882

Deano1882 Member

Hi mate, i tried ITV4 the last couple of evenings and still just a blank screen :( Also i noted the frequencies down, when you say delete i just pressed the left arrow on the remote and the frequency went to 0.000 is this right then how do i do a scan with the frequencies? Sorry i am completely new to this. Also do you know how to get some extra channels? For e.g. "The Golf Channel" i am on virgin media i am not sure if you can get this...

Thanks

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

I am in Ireland so I am not sure of you exact channel line up have a look here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/531363 this gives you a list of channels and frequencies for the UK, mind you they are area dependent. Dont think you can get the golf channel.

What firmware have you got on the box, press menu and system info. Also what part of the UK are you in and what provider are you on, I know it is the VM network, but are your ex N**, ex C**, telepest?

To delete a channel just go into channel edit in the menu and follow the button guide.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  5. Deano1882

Deano1882 Member

Done the Music Channels sound problem, cheers :)! Just no ITV4 still, i am in London and on Telewest! When i click on ITV4 it just says bad channel, scrambled :( Is there any way to get this channel working on my box?

Cheers

6. Deano1882

Deano1882 Member

ITV4 now working, i don't know what happened it just came on! Does any one know how i can get sky one or sky sports news on my box? Also i have read about the secret menu, but what is it and when do i use this? Appreciate a reply, Cheers.

7. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

As Scouser has mentioned ITV4 does not broadcast at certain hours

As far as I know S*Y One is not available in the UK but I heard it might be coming back in the future

Im not sure of the freq of S*Y SP News in the UK but you can try 411.000 on a namual scan

The secret menu can be accessed by pressing MENU then 1570

This is used to input the latest codes and make sure the EMU key is ON

Hope this helps