1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some questions about the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone - General discussion' started by __Ronin__, Sep 7, 2008.

1. __Ronin__

__Ronin__ Member

Hi. I'm thinking of getting an iPhone and I wonder if someone could answer my questions. First off, I know that the camera is rubbish and that you can't zoom or take a video, so I was wondering if there was a program that lets you do that. Also, I heard that you can't really send stuff(eg. pictures, songs) with the bluetooth. Is that true?

Thanks

2. __Ronin__

__Ronin__ Member

Hi. I'm thinking of getting an iPhone and I wonder if someone could answer my questions. First off, I know that the camera is rubbish and that you can't zoom or take a video, so I was wondering if there was a program that lets you do that. Also, I heard that you can't really send stuff(eg. pictures, songs) with the bluetooth. Is that true? As well as that, what exactly is a "jailbroken" iPhone and why do you have to unlock an iPhone when you first get it?

Thanks

3. david456

david456 Regular member

The iPhone camera is not a digital SLR, but it's not bad for a mobile phone camera. Picture quality is acceptable. You cannot zoom or capture video with the camera. Currently, there are no firmware 2.02 applications that address these issues. You can't send pictures or songs with Bluetooth. On the iPhone, Bluetooth use is mainly limited to communicating with a Bluetooth headset for phone calls.

4. __Ronin__

__Ronin__ Member

Hi. I'm thinking of getting an iPhone and I wonder if someone could answer my questions. First off, I know that the camera is rubbish and that you can't zoom or take a video, so I was wondering if there was a program that lets you do that. Also, I heard that you can't really send stuff(eg. pictures, songs) with the bluetooth. Is that true? As well as that, what exactly is a "jailbroken" iPhone and why do you have to unlock an iPhone when you first get it?

Thanks

5. __Ronin__

__Ronin__ Member

If what you're saying is true, then the iPhone seems pretty useless to me and I might not buy it.

Thanks for the answer!

P.S: Sorry for writing the same thing three times!

6. david456

david456 Regular member

With a jailbroken phone you can install applications that are not authorized by Apple. You do not need to jailbreak your iPhone if you plan to use an Apple-authorized cellular service provider and Apple-authorized apps.

7. __Ronin__

__Ronin__ Member

Can I jailbreak an iPhone but still used Apple-authorized apps?

Thanks

8. david456

david456 Regular member