1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

some subtitles are lost after encoding to VCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by tiamy, Aug 17, 2004.

1. tiamy

tiamy Member

I followed every instruction on the guide on how to make permanent subtitles on a vcd in

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/divx_to_vcd.cfm

and yet I still encounter a problem.

Yes , the finish product has subtitles but there are parts that don't have! I also tried to make the first 10 minutes of the video and encode it to VCD format and then just join the files afterwards and still, some subtitles are still missing. I just end up burning the CD with incomplete subtitles. I just can't understand why some subtitles make it to the final encoding while others don't.

The video originally came from a VCD and I just want to reencode it so that it will have permanent subtitles.
    But TMPGEnc doesn't put all of the subtitles! What's wrong?

2. CCEncoder

CCEncoder Regular member

try this, on the parts that subtitles don't show, cut that part of the video and burn it, if it doesn't show then the movie has not good GOP specified well clear, try re-GOPing it, by using Vitec VIDEO Clip MPEG-2 PRO v2.0