1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Somebody clear the air for me PLEASE

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by limelight, May 24, 2005.

1. limelight

limelight Regular member

Does a PVR take the place of my current reciever?
    I have DirecTV, do i get rid of the reciever i currently have and use the PVR instead, or can i use both?
    Do they take access cards?
    After i get the PVR, do i need to call DirecTV or can i just set it up by myself?

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You could use Tivo with your dish but the downside is you would have to have your dish tuned into the channel Tivo would record. Our you could get ahold of direct TV and ask them how much extra it would cost for a DVR unit. That would be best for you.

3. cainbox

cainbox Guest

Im also thinking of getting a DVR. I also have Direct TV I went to their website and it would cost you about $100 bucks if you are a current customer to get their DVR/reciver.Check this out it's only like $5 for the Tivo service with Direct Tv. a stand alone Tivo will cost you alot more than the Direct Tv DVr and service for it will be about $10 bucks. so figure it out