1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Somebody please help.. Burned movies wont play

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ryan0728, Mar 15, 2005.

1. ryan0728

ryan0728 Member

ok heres my problem...

i recently purchased a memorex dual layer burner and ive been using dvd decrypter and dvd shrink and then nero to burn. Some movies come out fine and will play but others when i try to copy them and it says burn sucessful when i go to play them on my computer or on my dvd player it just sits there loading, ive let it sit there like that for over 30 mins and still nothing.

does anybody know what the problem could be? because ive wasted 8 dvd discs like this and its really making me mad. Ive looked everywhere and it seems that nobody is having this type of problem.. any help would be great!!

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

That problem sounds like bad blank media.
    Try some Verbatim's or Taito Yuden's. You might have to update the burner so go to the manuf.'s Website and see if there is another update

Take the burned disks and see if they will play on another computer or DVD Player at a friends house. Also DVDinfoPro (free) and do a CRC test on the burned media.

If you are accidentially using Memeorex blank media you might have a bad batch. They have 4 manuf of their disk and basically no quality control

If you can slow down the burn speed. Try some of them @ 2x. The speed setting is in Shrink

3. lawndog

lawndog Regular member

i use fugi film discs not the best but never had a problem, also that advice on slowing down the speed is very good advice I had to do that on mine at first only 50% were workin and I lowered my speed down and all are working fine now!! Also I'm not sure If you just really like nero, but Shrink and decyrpt will handle all your burning needs!!
    Just a thought!!
    LD

4. ryan0728

ryan0728 Member

thanks i'll try that stuff you just said..

i think ive been burning at 8x speed could that be a problem?

5. lawndog

lawndog Regular member

yeah from what I've heard the technology on 8x drives and discs aren't up to par yet, I may be corrected soon, by people that copy alot more than I do, but 4x is fast enough for me!!

6. ryan0728

ryan0728 Member

ok thanks for your help im going to try 4x right now.. i'll inform you guys on what happens

thanks alot guys, the first movie that didnt work when i burned at 8x now works perfectly fine when i burn on 4x!! well thanks for your help..

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  7. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

ryan0728

By any chance can you tell us if you are using more then one type of media and what brands they might be?