1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Somebody please help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by shooter87, Feb 14, 2005.

1. shooter87

shooter87 Member

I have begun ripping my dvd collection. When I began, the first twenty or so copies, the decrypter worked wonderfully. However, I have been getting relatively consistent read error message recently. First with Alien Special Edition, then Jersey Girl, and now Brotherhood of the Wolf. However, in between those I copied other movies seemingly flawlessly. Any ideas?

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Yep, as with any app there are certain movies that just won't work with them and you have to go elsewhere, or try something different.

There seems to be a growing trend to prevent DVD backup by using unreadable sectors or hard copy read errors. There are also new encryption methods such as ArCCos being developed constantly.

There are however, ways to circumvent these methods.

One is to use a slower read, even at 1x, if your DVD-ROM drive won't do it, try using your burner to read it.

Another way is there are settings in decrypter to make your rip more aggressive. here are a few:

DVD Decrypter can handle even the toughest of encryptions, try the following little "adjustments" -

Step 1. In DVD Decrypter, go to "Tools", "Settings", and then whatever you're using either the File Mode tab OR the ISO Read Mode tab and "tick" "Remove PUO's" - try either the IFO, BUP, PUO's OR the VOB PUO's

Step 2. In DVD Decrypter, go to "Tools", "Settings", General tab, on the bottom left it will say "Removal Method" choose "Aggressive".

Step 3. in DVD Decrypter, go to "Tools", "Settings" then choose the CSS tab, under CSS Cracking Method, mark the spot that says "Brute Force".

Step 4. in DVD Decrypter, go to "Tools", "Settings" then choose the I/O tab, check "ignore read errors".

Step 5. in DVD Decrypter, go to "Tools", "Settings" then choose the "Device tab" and set read speed at 1x, and set your retries at a high number like 50.(I once got one to finally copy by pure persistence, 320 tries!)

Finally AnyDvd has new settings such as "copy protection based on unreadable sectors"(check this box when encountering these errors.), Dvd structure, Arccos, and many others. It also has a way around Sony's new ArccOs protection, puppetlock, etc.

AnyDvd has a free 21 day trial, then it costs 39.00/. It is well worth the price as it runs in the background completely on automatic with nothing to operate. It also works for burning on the fly without writing to the HD 1st..

I like running AnyDvd at ALL times(it doesn't use much CPU), it will aid apps such as Decrypter, shrink, etc. when ripping.

Use any or all or a combination of these means will usually get around the problem, good luck.....:>).

3. clairie

clairie Member

Hi,

You can also try to use DVD43 for decryting, it is free but I know hasn't been able to work on new new dvds like resident evil (not yet at least)

clairie

4. hursty

hursty Active member

the above settings are for,like you say."difficult dvd",but can you tell me why these options are selectable,if you know what i mean?why are they not default settings?
    are there any disadvantages in using such a configuration?

with kind regards hursty

5. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

They are options because they can make the ripping process slower. As with many of these apps, it's trial and error I'm afraid.