1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

someone explain me how to..

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by spitfire5, Oct 14, 2004.

1. spitfire5

spitfire5 Guest

i got a game downloaded and it was in 3 seperate rar files... and when i extract one thats fine and when i extract the other one it wants to over wright the file that i extracted from before. it doesnt add onto the file and i want it to?? any suggestions i know this isnt exactly good me talkin about that stuff seen as how its not legal but i need help

2. therapy

therapy Member

you dont need to extract all 3 files you only click extract on the first one, then it extracts everything from all 3, same if you have 50 files start on the first then it will extract everything from all 50, that is why it trying to overwrite when you extract from a different file because your trying to replace what you just extracted with the same thing

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Yeah,you will get files that look like

mkt.01.rar
    mkt.02.rar
    mkt.03.rar
    nkt.rar
    mkt.sfv
    mkt.nfo

What you will do is,if you don't want to scan it then just double click on the mkt.rar file. It will act as the director of this operation and extract it all for you. If you want to scan it for broken file before having to wait for the haul...then download a sfv checker or a checksum verifier and use it with the sfv file. It will scan you whole games files for broken files. Easy as that.

4. my_name

my_name Guest

did no one read the bit under the title stating "no Piracy"??

I'm not condemming or condoning the act because I am a bit partial to the odd download or 2 but forum rules are there to be understood and obeyed...
    Talk about piracy too much and we will end up with this site getting shut down.
    It is obvious that you are pirating cos it would be an extremely silly act to rip your own game...put it on the net and download it again... mmmm quite possible though...some people are retarded i suppose!

5. spitfire5

spitfire5 Guest

thnx for the replys.. to the dude that posted the last comment not to start anything but i searched the fourms and i seen a few stuff about p1rated games and i ask this one Q? and ur all up on my balls.. or so it seems i have many original games i just wanted to try one out seen as how i can never find it when i wanna rent some of the games