1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone help I know this has probably been up a lot of times but just plz help

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Jakeg2, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Jakeg2

Jakeg2 Guest

Aright Ive tried before and given up for a little while but I have a xbox with a error code 16. It happened when I accidently deleted ms dash (first time modding) but later I succesfully modded another xbox I have. I'm wondering if there is somewhat of a good and understandable easy way to fix this. I am good with computers but I know their are people obviously better. If I can get this fixed I will be very happy! Also I have heard about a slayers disk but I have no Idea how to get a hold of one. Aright well anyone who helps me fix this I will be forever grateful. Jake

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Try the Hotswap method, you search...

3. Jakeg2

Jakeg2 Guest

yo dude Ive tried but with dash 16 how do you unlock yo hd?

4. OzMick

OzMick Guest

Depending on your modchip, you might be able to boot into the chip itself. In particular, I know the Xenium chip that I always used to use can do this. You can then probably FTP directly through the chip and replace files as necessary.

I personally hate the idea of hotswapping... I'd do that as an absolute last resort. Very dangerous to be recommending kids play around with live electricity, someone is going to die as a result of people just saying "Hotswap!" as a first option.

But yes, try searching. I'm certain numberous people have had the same problem.

5. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

I would hardly say that hotswapping was "Dangerous"...

Anyway, if you unplug the DVD drive cable, the Xbox will boot to an Error 11\12. The HDD should be unlocked as it hasn't had time to have a whinge about the error 16.

Then Hotswap!

For the record, I haven't hotswapped in well over a year. I have an eeprom reader, so there's no need to hotswap!

6. Jakeg2

Jakeg2 Guest

oh so it will be unlocked if you get an error code 12 too?

7. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Yep, it displays the error AND unlocks the drive!

8. Jakeg2

Jakeg2 Guest

ok cool thanks I heard that before too ok so umm when I hotswap do I take out the Ide cable when it goes to error 12?? or ive heard right before it goes to the error screen. like when i connect it to my comp are the flashing lights supposed to be on??

9. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

If you are forcing the Error 12, let it go to the screen, then unplug it! Dont forget to plug the IDE cable back into the HDD BEFORE turning the Xbox off!

10. Jakeg2

Jakeg2 Guest

Ok iLl try it then Ill let you know if it works or didnt.

11. Jakeg2

Jakeg2 Guest

I fixed it thanks dude I knew about it but I just didnt know when to do it thanks again later

12. Jakeg2

Jakeg2 Guest

I fixed it thanks dude I knew about it but I just didnt know when to do it thanks again later

13. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

So the Error 12 trick worked for you!?