1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone help me flash my chameleon please..

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by piber, Nov 4, 2003.

1. piber

piber Member

I just installed the Chameleon in my XBox 1.0 -- I can tell my install worked because the Chromwell Clean Bios v1.8 loads and asks for a disk.

I have tried burning ISOs directly from Nero. I have tried making and iso with xIso and then burning with nero. I have tried several types of CD-RW's (burning at the slowest speed possible)

I am using a 100MB dummy file (dummy.dat)

I am renaming my bins to linuxbio.bin

I am have tried the following bins:
    EvolutionX_V2.5_256
    EvolutionX M7 Bios

I typically get "loading linuxboot.cfg -- file not found. halting"

One time I got loading linuxboox.cfg and it just stopped.

My question to anyone is this: First of all am I using the correct bins? Am I renaming them correctly? What else should I be doing?

thanks..

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Don't use the v2.5 bios it's too old.

Also try making your ISO using ISOMaker or Craxtion instead of just using Nero

Name you bios LINUXBIO in all caps. Heard it helps but can't say for sure.

RustyDog

3. piber

piber Member

I have still yet to get it working.. I took your advise and tried used Craxion to make the iso.. Then burned it with Nero.

I'm beginning to wonder if the chip is installed wrong. When I power on my xbox, I get a flashing blue light on the chameleon. I get the linux clean bios 1.8 on the screen..

does that mean its installed right?

4. rseiler3

rseiler3 Member

you don't need to make it into an ISO you just need to change the name on th ebin file add a dummy file then burn it with Nero

5. piber

piber Member

Is it ok for me re-use a CD-RW.. (if I erase it with nero first?)

6. GetModded

GetModded Guest

You can use the same disc if it's erased. Make sure you do a Complete erase.
    Since you got the Linux Screen then the rest is a problem with you DVD drive not reading the disc your making.

If you've tried different CD-RW Brands and ISO making programs you may just have a very picky DVD drive and may need the programmer to flash the chip before installing it.

RustyDog

7. piber

piber Member

Is it fair to say that if I have a "picky drive" it will be a problem in the future as well? For example, when I try to play backed up games? or try to watch VCDs?

8. piber

piber Member

Well I flashed it with Evox M7 finally. It took putting a dummy.dat file great than 200MB.

I think I still have a problem.. after the flash it turned off. then when I turn it back on, it just goes to XBOX startup?

help

9. GetModded

GetModded Guest

No problem with the flash. With the Evox bios you won't notice anything different about the Xbox start up. Next step is to download an Auto Installer like SLayers or Team Xaviers and load the EvolutionX dash and Apps.
    Download the installer, extract the ISO file and then burn it to disc and load it in the Xbox. Everything else is just choosing from the menu.

RustyDog