1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lblewisl, Mar 21, 2005.

1. lblewisl

lblewisl Guest

I have been trying to shrink files in order to fit as many 30 many episodes of a tv show as possible. My Roxio DVD software is only allowing me to put around 4600 MB(less than 3 episodes). I dont understand why I cant fit anymore, as Ive heard of people fitting as much as 4 hrs of video on a dvd. PLEASE HELP ME

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Use DVD Shrink!!! Get the name Shrink LOL

I hope you are using quality media because the is going to be lots of compression ;-)

3. lblewisl

lblewisl Guest

I have dvd shrink and I don't understand how to shrink the files I have..What I have are downloaded episodes of a television show that are each 30 mins long and are around 1800 MB..the whole dvd says it will only fit 4600 MB, therefore I cant fit but 2 on each disk....Please help me I really have to figure this out Do you have an AIM sn or anything>? Im on mine is BLewis88..PLEASE HELP

4. lblewisl

lblewisl Guest

I just looked the files up they are around 240 KB...I dont know if that helps any

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

OK this should help you out.. I made it easy for you :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. lblewisl

lblewisl Guest

I can not thank you enough...I cant believe you spent time to work that out for me..Im gonna get started on it I appreciate it so much THANK YOU :)

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Its no problem I do it all the time and it can help others out as well.

Good luck :)

8. lblewisl

lblewisl Guest

One quick question...My episodes are all saved to my computer as I downloaded them from Limewire....When I click on the folder they are in nothing comes up

9. Gringle

Gringle Guest

OK Iblewis:

I'll take your question seriously;

first.. get rid of Roxio, (that's it!) use whatever means (but get rid of it.)

secondly.. Having got rid of Roxio, download, and at least become familiar with Nero.

thirdly...since you've aquired some 15hrs of tv progs
    that you want to preserve. Take your time;
    BBmayo got it right what discs' are you using,did you know DVDshink is not compatable with Roxio?
    It is however with Nero.

Finally: This ain't a compression race; I've got some movies on half a disc, 'Scarface' 'The usual suspects'
    just to name a couple, and the quality is unreal.

I've also got Lord of the Rings 3 on a 4.7 disc, and the quality is unreal. (yer gotta be on drugs to do that to a movie)

So welcome to AD, take your time, browse the threads, and enjoy your burning. no pun intended :)

gringle.

10. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Sorry BB I should have known you'd follow up

gringle.

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You didnt say they were downloaded files.. That could have helped to begin with.. You need to convert them to DVD compliant files first before you can do anything else.. :)

See the link in my signature? Click on that and use the guide called "Convert AVI to DVD" once you have used that then you can use the method I showed you above to make them fit onto one DVD..

12. lblewisl

lblewisl Guest

Awesome BB I appreciate it...Sorry if I was annoying :)

13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

One more thing I would recomend you try to stay as close to the 100% mark in Shrink when combining those episodes. The quality isn't going to be all that high to begin with seeing how you have AVI's so no need to make it worse by compressing the hell out of them. You should be able to go with 3 or 4 per disk. Just check the compression to be sure :)

14. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Once again No problem don't worry about it. If you were annoying me believe me I would be the first to tell you :)

Good luck :) Let me know how it turns out?

15. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Just a re-iteration DVDshrink works with Ahead Nero.

Most folk in here, seem too condem thet, (spit and the dog runs fer d door) Roxio.

just the little things in life seem ter make a change.

g