1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone please help.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Dunkfest, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Dunkfest

Dunkfest Member

ok....i want to make a copy of my dvds that i own. But cant because the are copyright...so i downloaded DVD Decrypter and saved the info. onto the harddrive...now what..? i try to copy the info. onto my maxell dvd-r but it says i need dvd+R...help!

2. nykgmr

nykgmr Member

I'm no expert but what type of blank dvd discs are you using? If it askes for dvd+r you might want to go out and buy blank DVD+R discs to use. I know some dvdr drives will take both dvd-r disc and dvd+r disc but yours might not. What does it say on the front of your dvd drive?

3. Dunkfest

Dunkfest Member

im using Maxell DVD-R discs and it reads 8X DVD+R/RW Drive.

4. orbiter5

orbiter5 Regular member

A lot of newer DVD drives will read and write both -R & +R disks however you may be able to update the firmware in your drive allowing both types. I've just done this with my Philips DVDWR855K/00 and it will write to anything now where as before i had to use a switch tool to use the different disks.

Or you could just buy +R's

5. nykgmr

nykgmr Member

Yep, what Orbiter said.

6. Dunkfest

Dunkfest Member

ok and how exactly can i update my firmware on my drive?

7. nykgmr

nykgmr Member

Actually, if you already bought a lot of dvd-rs and can't return them, it'd be better off to go to the maxell site and look around for firm wear upgrade downloads maybe. If there are upgrades, you won't have to worry about it anymore.

8. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Dunkfest--
    Buy some good quality DVD+R disks--Sony, Verbatim Datalife, Maxell and a few others--avoid Memorex--I would also buy 1-DVD+RW disk for practice, so that you don't make "coasters" (disks that are burned incorrectly and cannot be used for anything)--Also you will need to download DVD Shrink or Nero Recode which will enable you to copy an entire movie onto 1 disk. Read some of the guides available here under the guide tab, then try to burn a movie--if you have trouble, come on back, lots of folks here to help--Good Luck

Whitfield

9. Dunkfest

Dunkfest Member

yea...a week ago i bought a 15 pack of Maxell DVD-R's...will do whitfield...thanks alot everyone.

10. Dunkfest

Dunkfest Member

Tried....Nothing...It says i need to insert a DVD+R. Went to Maxell.com no updates. To Office Max we go.

11. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Dunkfest--
    My first sentence was get some quality DVD+R--
    and 1 RW type "just in case"--let us know how your first burn works--Have fun--
    Whitfied