1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone please teach me how to burn DVD movies to DVD-R, using A04

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by spleen, Jul 23, 2002.

1. spleen

spleen Member

I recently purchased the pioneer DVR-A04 burner and never knew it would be this hard to burn a movie. I have read so much and downloaded so much software that I need someone who has made burned movies to give me a hand. Any help is appreciated.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Reading the guides (http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/ http://www.doom9.org/mpg/dvdr-guides.htm) and through our forums is the next step you take. Spend couple of days just to absorb the information and then try to make your first DVD. Then, if you end up having problems, ask more.

3. spleen

spleen Member

Thanks for the info. I won't make dumb posts anymore. I'll keep you posted.

4. geemix

geemix Guest

Spleen,

Here is the method I use (I wont list all the settings, you can read up on those or else I would be here all day).

Smartripper (rip the vobs to hd)
    DVD2AVI (save PROJECT This will also save an .ac3 audio file)
    TMPGEnc (Load the dvd2avi project file as video source)

Encode the video only....

After a few hours, you will have an .m2v file.

Simply load your .m2v and your .ac3 files to your authoring software, add menus and anything else. Save to folders (Do not burn).

Now load something like PowerDVD to fully test your vobs (in your VIDEO_TS folders you created). Load one of the ifo files to PowerDVD, play your movie and test.

If everything is fine, use Nero to burn to DVD-R.

Simple, easy and it works :)

Enjoy....

5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

geemix: Otherwise cool, but by tweaking and twisting, you can maintain the menu structure your DVD already has, without authoring the DVD with your own menus. This is once again, one of those IFOEdit thingies :)