1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

someone plz help me fix my xbox!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by crzyant7, Mar 18, 2007.

1. crzyant7

crzyant7 Member

ok my frend tried to soft modd my xbox...nd then i turned it on after he left to play nd it went straight to the xbox live dashboard. and it keeps goin there everytime i turn it on...i called microsoft nd they wunt me to send it to them but i dont wunna pay $80. i deleted the soft mods off my harddrive through the splinter cell game nd i did this through sid4's dashboard nd restarted my xbox(thinkin it would be fixed) but now it only lets me go to the live dashboard...

plz help

im not tht good at taking things apart so0o yea nd i cant download alot of stuff on my comp but if i need to i could prolly do it at my frends

plzz i reeele need help...i just got tht xbox

2. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

sounds like your friend went online and it updated and then messed your mods up. But all you needed to do is either redo the mod or downgrade the dashboard. But NOW you will have to redo the mod, there are tutorials for that and all that requires is to search and read. Or ask your friend what to do.

Plus that's not very much info, so next time include more like xbox ver., softmod used, dashboard ver (if used), etc.

Degalle

3. steimy

steimy Active member

use AID 3.1 if it can still read copied DVD's (AID 3.1 has several versions of the auto installer and the SID softmod installer on the same disc.) make sure you READ the directions when patching the ISO for AID with the add on's that it comes with. It is VERY simple to do. but make sure you include the DHCP versions of the dashboards.
    You can easily resoftmod the hard xbox and reinstall all the dashboards and apps. I had to do that this weekend as he was playing with AID 3.1 and made the mistake of going under the "install dashboards to C:" option and installing X-DSL (never do this!!!)
    so i just used the disc to resoftmod it. although i left the splinter cell game save on the xbox from the first install.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2007