1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone sent me this PM.....So I posted it!

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by fasfrank, Jan 7, 2005.

1. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I am a novice with DVD Recorders and have experienced the following problem. I own a Panasonic DMR-E55 which uses DVD- discs. I had been using the machine to record from a camcorder using RCA cables. On several occasions, errors have occurred during finalization where the disc is formatted to use in any DVD player (up to that time, it can only be played in my machine). On this last occasion, I lost approximately 2 hours of family videos. My wife is devastated.

I have spoken with Panasonic, who is blaming the disc - it is manufacted by GQ and inexpensive. Per the direction of Panasonic, I will start using Sony discs.

The problem is the disc with the family videos. Panasonic contends that it does not have the equipment to retrieve the data from the disc. I need a referral for someone who can retrieve the data off of the disc and put it onto another uncorrupted disc or even a VHS tape. Any help will be appreciated.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member