1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something In The House

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by GrandpaBW, Jun 10, 2007.

1. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Now, this would be a bitch, if it wasn't so damn weird and funny.

Earlier today, my wife told me that she was watching television, and she kept hearing this scratching noise like one of the dogs moving around on the hardwood floor. She thought we might have a squirrel in the house, which would be a bitch to get rid of.

I looked around and found nothing. She heard it a little later on, and I looked again. Nothing.

Tonight, 2 minutes after playing online golf, with a friend, I hear what I think is one of the dogs trying to come down the stairs, but it sounded like they were having trouble. I went to the stairs, and there's a g*d*amed duck on the stairs!!!!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It wasn't a little baby duck, but not full grown, either. I went in my back room and grabbed a coat to throw over it, but when I started up the stairs, it half ran and flew up the stairs, through the kitchen, and into the living room.

I cornered it and threw the coat over it. I carefully gathered it up and made sure its head was sticking out, then took it outside and let it go in the woods across from our driveway. We live on a lake, so I am hoping that it got there, after I let it go.

I have no idea how it got in the house, but I suspect it fell down the chimney or got in through the front storm door, because it closes so slowly.

Good thing my wife was at a friend's house having coffee. She would have totally freaked out. LOLLOL!

And no, I have not been drinking. LOL

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

LMAO !! thats a good one

i opened my truck door one day when i was a kid and there was a raccoon in there, he tore the piss out of the floor board lol

3. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Roast duck for dinner????

4. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

LMAO! That's pretty good Bruce! I had a similar experience with our cat who jumped through the window with a really pissed-off squirrel by the crook of the neck. We had been drinking though; I wish we'd had a camcorder ... we had a ball drunkenly trying to chase it back out of the house.