1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

something is wrong with my computer please help

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by jamie94, Apr 9, 2007.

1. jamie94

jamie94 Member

i am a seller on ebay and somehow my account keeps getting suspend.the reason they give me that my account is linked to someone elses that is suspended.can you tell me what i can do to fix what is on my computer that is telling them this?i changed my ip address with my internet supplier but that didn't work.i just bought this computer and i also just bought this house so i don't know what else to do.i see my firewall wasn't on so i just added this.but is there a software that i can buy so ebay can't look into my computer anymore?i feel this is what they are doing and it is a little scary please help thank you in advance.

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

I don't think its your computer. Ask Ebay why they suspended your account. It's like asking, "What's wrong with my phone? My girlfriend keeps hanging up when I call her!"

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  3. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

hahahahaha

but um cant you just make another account?

4. jamie94

jamie94 Member

ok i don't think one of us understand.i moved out of my home that i bought with my roomate and moved in with my sister and brother.i opened up an ebay account and they shut me down and said i was involved with a member that was suspended.i don't understand i was never involved with anyone that was suspended.is there anything i can do from here.thanks again

5. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

the only thing i can think of is calling the ebay guys and talk to them about the situation and try to get them to recover the account they might think you have been doing some bad things on it when you really havent.

just call them work something out(if your innocent you should be fine)

6. jamie94

jamie94 Member

i tried that and i also faxed them my license with my picture on it and still no.but thanks for your help.

7. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

did you talk to anyone perosnally? if so what did they tell you?

8. jamie94

jamie94 Member

they told me i was linked to someone else that was suspended.i told them i moved out of my home and living with my sister and brother.they said the user id purplerose94 was related to me.i fought and told thhem no i don't know who this person is and the lady become nasty so i hung up they really don't want to help you.

9. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

so forget ebay for a while. if they treat you like that, they don't need your business. there are other online auction sites.

10. janrocks

janrocks Guest

OK.. this is what seems to have happened..

They have you mixed up with somebody else?.. Do you, or have ypou ever used the purplerose screen-name, or have the people you moved out of used it?
    It's possible to have more than one account on the same computer, but they do get wise to it eventually. Then they pull this stunt and suspend one or both.
    This can happen if they think you are using multiple accounts at different locations too.. say home and work, or a friends house.. Or that you are acting in partnership with somebody else to rig auctions (shill bidding)
    What can you do about it???

Ask them what proof they are using to link these accounts.. If they say same IP it's a no brainer.. they can change daily. If they are relying on hardware mac number it's a little harder to prove there isn't a connection. If they are accusig you of sharing info and bidding on items while planning with a friend to inflate the costs of sale goods unfairly... not very much you can do.. Ask for specific cases where they have seen this happening.. Item numbers and such like.
    It can also happen if you do a lot of trading with one person.. it can look like something is going on when it's totally innocent, or somebody has targeted you for some reason.. has set up an account and bid on all your items without winning them.. inflating the price. Then they have got another friend to big a few times on the same items.. and then to complain about suspected shill bidding..
    It's one trick we used to use to get the competition taken off..

There are people who do these kind of stunts all the time.. some get caught, some don't..

Like Aus says.. If you know you haven't done any cheating or anything like that then tell them to stick it... and take your goods and money elsewhere.

11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

good advice, as always, from the mighty janosaurus. ^.~

i hate ebay, anyway. they're like walmart or microsoft: you have to give up your soul to deal with them. give'em the finger and move on, i say! ^.^

12. jamie94

jamie94 Member

my roomate was suspend i just called her and asked her.but what does this have to do with me i am a hole different person .i just don't understand.

13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

was the account on your computer? or were your computers on the same network?

14. jamie94

jamie94 Member

it was on the same computer.which i didn't know at the time i set mine up.but still it was a different address different phone number and different bank accounts.

15. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

they probably have you on the hardware mac number, like jan said. i don't deal with fleabay, so i'm not sure what to tell you.

16. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Your computer is identified by it's MAC adress, so unless you get a new computer and NEVER let your roommate on it ever again, you won't be able to use Ebay.
    It's not Ebay's problem or fault, it's your roommate's fault for getting suspended, so go yell at him/her for a while.

17. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

or do what dan does, and break a few of your roomie's ribs. ^.^

18. jamie94

jamie94 Member

well i don't think i would say that it was my roomates fault as you or no one else knows what the problem is or was.as for me i have given ebay no reason to suspend me as i did nothing.i am someone that decided to sell on ebay as an extra income after being diagnosed with epliopsey.so i feel that was wrong what ebay did.i have been reading alot on how and why ebay suspends people for no reason at all and i think they really need to ge it together.they are hurting people that never did anything to them and that is wrong of them.thank you.

19. jamie94

jamie94 Member