1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something wrong with connection

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by horoszka, Mar 23, 2005.

1. horoszka

horoszka Member

How can it be that when I turn my computer on I don'd have access to the net?? After some time (eg 0.5 h) everything start to work just fine; is it possible that admin is messing up with my connection; the net is made of 6 people; any ideas?

2. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Well...

6 people as in, only 6 people connected...or 6 admins.

Sounds weird, but if it is one admin, he is capable of denying you access to the net, even with multiple ones, depends on the heirarchy.

It could be the setup.

Is there any more info you can provide?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  3. horoszka

horoszka Member

Seems like everything has come back to normal; I have connection when turning the computer on; but still I have that question about admin abilities of seeing me what I am doing (which program I use ie mule, torrent)??
    One more thing is there any possibility to make the number of data send from and to my computer invisible for the admin??
    Thanx

4. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Well that's good that it came back for you!

They can...believe me.

[quoute]One more thing is there any possibility to make the number of data send from and to my computer invisible for the admin?? [/quote]

I don't really know...I know you can get PeerGuardian, but I am not sure if that will help you much. I don't know of any concrete program that can do this, but I am SO sure there is one. If I find it, I'll definately let you know.

;)

5. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

If I'm not mistaken Peer Guardian only blocks known bad IP's from accessing your comp. Like RIAA and the such.

6. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Yup...definately right about that one!

7. horoszka

horoszka Member

Damn the problem is back; on turning on the computer the net is dead:( what can it be? I've reinstalled the d-link DWL 510 wireless adapter and everything came back to normal but today it's the same as it was; I'm really hopeless with this one;

8. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

horoszka

Leave your broadband modem and any router on ALL the time, just as if you had multiple PC's in the home, and just shut down your PC only. Then try it again and see how long before you can access the net.

9. horoszka

horoszka Member

But I am not the admin; I am only connected through the air (wireless):( I don't have any router;

10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

if you don't have a wireless router than who's are you using than???

11. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

If it’s a wireless connection, then it should be instant access, or only a moment to verify a wireless user by the router. If you leave your PC on all the time, you never have an abrupt disconnect and your broadband connection is fine?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2005
  12. horoszka

horoszka Member

ddp
    A guy who lives about 300m from my home has a firm and he decided to go for broadband connection through a cable; than he split the band to make it available for us (6 people living near him) through the air (wireless); so we only have wireless adapter and cable connecting it with antenna;

13. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

are the other people having a problem or just you & he is using a wireless router for you to pickup the signal tho

14. horoszka

horoszka Member

ScubaBud
    But it wasn't like this; I mean I never had to wait to be verified; and only I have that problem; can it be that admin messed up with my access?? he thinks that only I'm using peer2peer programs and couple of days ago he visited my parents and said that someone is blocking the band; unfortunately I wasn't home so he asked my younger brother and he said that he was using a torrent client; so he said that he has bought a program to see if someone is using such programs and that he is blocking those who are (I've never heard such gibberish); so mayby he set something like identification when I'm connecting so that he could monitor me (I know that now I sound stupid but I can't find any other solution); thanx for help anyway;
    Yeah one more thing; sometimes I lose connection after using the net for couple of hours but it's back sth like 10 minutes later;