1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something wrong with my IFOs, Menus, and Burning to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by prideaux, Nov 18, 2011.

1. prideaux

prideaux Member

I have a set of VOB, IFO, BUP files in the VIDEO_TS FOLDER as follows; Incidentally it must have originally been a double-layer because the overall size is over 6GB.

VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.VOB

VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_0.VOB
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB

VTS_02_0.BUP
    VTS_02_0.IFO
    VTS_02_1.VOB
    VTS_02_2.VOB
    VTS_02_3.VOB
    VTS_02_4.VOB

Using my software player (Cyberlink PowerDVD), if i load Video_Ts.Ifo, the menu shows up (and pauses until i make my selections), and i can play normally, etc.

Now i want to burn this into a DVD for viewing on an ext player, and i am smart enough to burn this onto an ISO image (using ImgBurn), Mount the ISO Image (using PowerISO) and test first by using PowerDVD to play it as if i had a physical DVD inserted into the drive.

This is where the problems start. i fire-up PowerDVD, navigate to O:\ drive (where the ISO is mounted), but the Menu zips thru (without pausing), and the movie starts on the second part (The second part is actually VTS_01_0.VOB which is weird in itself - i would have expected the second part to be VTS_02_1.VOB, but no, this is the first part).

At the risk of answering my own question, it appears ImgBurn did not burn the VIDEO_TS folder as Video DVD, making it instead a Data DVD?

How do i ensure ImgBurn burns my vobs as a Video DVD ?

PS. I have also used DVDShrink to burn onto one ISO Image with compression, and get the same bad results (i.e. zips thru the menu without stopping and starts on the wrong movie part).

2. attar

attar Senior member

You should be able to run ImgBurn and select 'Write files/folders to disc' then browse to the VIDEO_TS folder on the HDD and burn away (assuming that the blank has the capacity).

Alternatively, you run ImgBurn and select 'Write image file to disk' - load the image and burn.

As to the playback of the burned disk and it's zipping through the menu, you should rip the original disk using the likes of DVDFab HD Decrypter before using DVD Shrink to ensure a good decryption of the source.

Most unlikely as ImgBurn will recognize valid DVD files in a folder with any name.
    It will pause and ask you if you are making a DVD and will rename the folder to make it compliant (and create the AUDIO_TS folder too if required).

3. prideaux

prideaux Member

Thanks for replying attar. Yes, i am aware of how to burn the image, the point i was making was that the ISO image which i produced as a TEST before burning to DVD does not seem correct or proper (i.e. if i burn the image to DVD it is likely the ext player will also zip past the menu, and start on the wrong movie part).

I'll keep that in mind, unfortunately in this case i had no control of the original ripping, and looks like it wasn't done properly.

What's puzzling me is that by opening the video_ts.ifo directly with PowerDVD, menu displays fines and pauses. By opening the Drive Letter O:\ where the dvd is mounted has the problems mentioned.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  4. attar

attar Senior member

The Title numbers don't always mean much.
    What happens if you open the files in DVD Shrink, select 'Re-author' mode and select whichever Title is listed under 'Main Movie'.
    If it's the correct running time, drag it to the left pane and backup.