1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

something wrong with my new monitor?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by FrankC1, Mar 4, 2007.

1. FrankC1

FrankC1 Member

I bought a brand new 19" Widescreen Viewsonic Optiquest Q191wb LCD monitor today to replace my old broken 17" BenQ LCD. After connecting it on, I found out that all the text (ex. on a web page) are all blurry and unclear. I do have a rather bad PC (the video card is integrated with the motherboard), but nothing was wrong with my old LCD, which has a lower resolution and slower response time. Is this because of my computer and is it because of the monitor?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

3. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

ehhh.....idk; maybe ur just not 'used to it' yet...?

...cuz I recently bought an LCD to replace my old crappy HP CRT monitor becuz of space confinements; but I remember when I first plugged it in; I thought that the text looked a little burry; but if I was able to see for myself JUST how blurry your text is; I'd prolly be able to tell you if it was some kind of abnormal behavior or not.....

.....but one thing is; did you tweak the settings on the LCD to get it to it's max capabilities??? cuz I remember after tweaking mine when I first got it; the text began looking much sharper; and I was able to get better brightness and contrast out of it....

...but really man; I'm actually puzzled on this one...o_O