1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Song ends too soon...?

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by 305ss2, Apr 17, 2007.

1. 305ss2

305ss2 Member

I have ripped two songs from two CDs using audiograbber with internal codec (LAME set to 256kbps constant). When these two songs are played on my ipod, they both stop playing about 75% of the way through and a few seconds later the ipod just starts playing the next song. Anyone had this happen and know what the fix is? I know there's nothing wrong with the source CDs because the other songs I ripped from them play just fine. Thanks.

2. 305ss2

305ss2 Member

I have the 30GB video.

3. Kulith

Kulith Guest

This has happend to me, the song said it had 40 seconds left but it skipped to the next song without playing those 40 seconds.

Also, sometimes it tells me its playing at 3 minutes into the song but its the beggining of the song, then it freezes or skips to the next song.

Neither of these have happened to me recently, so I cant remember what I did, i might have just delted the songs, or maybe it only happened once per song.

When you play the songs on your comp, does this happen or are they normal? Does it happen for the same song every time you try to play it?

Maybe the ripping was terminated too quicly and maybe didnt finish, this has happened to me before. What did you use to rip them? Try it again. Or maybe iTunes had a problem importing it, or writing it to the ipod.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2007
  4. 305ss2

305ss2 Member

In iTunes, Winamp, Windows Media Player, the songs play fine...it's just on the iPod that they don't play fully.

5. Kulith

Kulith Guest

have you tried re copying them to the ipod yet? If that doesnt work I dunno what to tell ya.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2007