1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonic DLA, Version 4.50

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by milly8, May 2, 2005.

1. milly8

milly8 Member

Has anyone had any incompatability problems using Shrink, Nero, NTI copy, or others with Sonic DLA, Version 4.50 ?

Their "Read Me" warns in a vague way. Is their a free upgrade of Sonic DLA, Version 4.50 if necessary? I have it on a 2003 CD that came with my Sony DRU 530 burner. Thanks !

2. milly8

milly8 Member

I found some more info on the Sonic website:

Drive Letter Access (DLA) gives you the ability to easily drag-and-drop your files directly to a recordable CD or DVD disc and make the disc compatible with almost any Windows computer.

Use your CD or DVD Recordable media just like you would a hard drive when backing up data. Rather than pre-staging the files you want to back up and then writing them to the optical media, DLA lets you simply drag and drop your files right to the CD or DVD icon where they are processed, formatted and burned in a single step.

RecordNow! is great for projects like making audio discs, ripping mp3s, and making disc images. You can also use it to make data discs that can be shared with friends and co-workers. But DLA and RecordNow! work differently, and only DLA lets you write files to a disc as though it were a hard drive or floppy disc.

However, in some cases, it is necessary to have DLA installed on a computer to read a data disc created with DLA. It is never necessary to have RecordNow! installed to read a disc created with RecordNow!

The Sony cd also had software called "My DVD" on it.

Anyone have any experience with these interacting with Shrink or Decrypter ? Thanks

3. squizzle

squizzle Active member

My personal recommendation is to uninstall DLA. That is packet writing software, which will cause conflicts for you and most people don't use it. It's used if you drag n drop to your burner drive, it writes the files right away. More of a headache than anything really.

4. zippyd

zippyd Active member

A little info about packet writing apps such as InCD, DLA or Drag to Disc. Part of the way they work is to keep constant access to the drive so when another burning app needs to gain exclusive access to the drive it can't and the write process will be aborted.

The three main packet writing apps are connected to burning suites.

- Nero comes with InCD.

- Roxio come with Drag To Disc.

- RecordNow comes with DLA.

All three should be found in Windows Add/Remove programs listed under said names. Removing them is highly recommended. :)