1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonic MyDVD Write Problem

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by jacobs20, Mar 14, 2003.

1. jacobs20

jacobs20 Member

Hi i have a new machine with an NEC 1100A DVD+R drive. It was supplied with Sonic MYDVD authoring software. I have downloaded some AVI movies and sucessfully encode them (Thanx to the excellent info from this site).

However for some reason when i go to burn the files MyDVD begins to write to the disc, then just stops. Task manager shows the program as inactive. This is very annoying since it makes the media unusable, i have lost 10 discs this week. If anyone knows a solution to i would be most grateful.

Some things that i have tried is defragmenting the files, rebooting before each write and closing ALL uneeded programs, trying copying from different HDD's.

Many Thanks

Jay

2. T2K

T2K Guest

Dont write directly to disk. using mydvd create a "dvd folder", "VIDEO_TS AUDIO_TS" then take your video_ts & audio_ts folders that you just created with mydvd and burn them to disk with nero or stomp or any other dvd burning software.

ohh yeah you should really go out and buy a rewritable disk to test projects on or choose test then rite before recording to disk, hope this helps anyways

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2003
  3. jacobs20

jacobs20 Member

Hi, well i tried the saving to HDD first and then writing to DVDR. But now the progress bar moves a little and then stops and then i get an error and the disc is ejected which i can;t use again :'(.

I think it may be my media, but i had no probelms before, am using DataWrite 2.4's. I tried to rewrite from a previos ISO file which was sucessful but that is now failing as well. Am gonna try some diff media and get a DVDRW, thanks for the info, if anyone has any other ideas i'd be most grateful.

Jay