1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonic Record Now Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by esblondie, Dec 6, 2005.

1. esblondie

esblondie Member

I have been using Sonic record now to burn my cds but just recently i was cleaning out some of the programs I don't use anymore. I downloaded Windows Media Player 10 and I read on a help site that it might be the problem so I rollback my version of windows media player to what I had before but it didn't seem to work because I keep getting the same message and I have no clue what to do!!I NEED HELP!!!Can anyone please help me to figure out what i need to do to get it working again! Thanks!

Everytime I try to open it I get the same message:
    "All your drives are set to disabled. On this operating system, in order to start record now! you must either physically remove your drive(s) or enable at least one drive."

2. newtechie

newtechie Regular member

Hi esblondie,

Why don't you try to uninstall your drive(s) via the device manager and restart your computer so they can be detected again and see if that helps.

Otherwise, try shutting down the computer fully and disconnecting and reconnecting the IDE cable on each drive.

If that also fails, try doing a system restore to the point where the drive(s) was working.

Let us know the results.

3. esblondie

esblondie Member

Thanks for the help. I restarted my computer and restored my computer to two weeks ealier when it was working and sure enough it let me run sonicrecordnow once I did that. Once again thanks for the help!!!!
    -Emily:)

4. newtechie

newtechie Regular member

You are very welcome! Glad I could be of assistance.

5. Papermoon

Papermoon Member

I'm new to this any of this, so please bear with me. I have a version of Record Now on my computer when it was still made by Veritas. I recently updated it with the only thing I could find. I'm needing some help concerning any other updates or upgrades. I've been reading all of your comments about Sonic Record Now and you all seem to be having problems with it. Can anyone shed some light on this subject and help me out here? Thanks!!!

6. newtechie

newtechie Regular member

Hi Papermoon - and welcome to AD!

Sonic was bought out by Roxio so you may want to check there site at http://www.roxio.com for any updates and upgrades.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2005
  7. Papermoon

Papermoon Member

Thank you for the info... I will check it out. I'm a firm believer in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and I'm not very knowledgable about DVD burning and related subjects. I mainly use my "Record Now" to burn music CD's for playing on various players both in house and in car.

8. newtechie

newtechie Regular member

I agree with you 100%. You're welcome. Merry Christmas.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2005
  9. Papermoon

Papermoon Member

Hi... it's me again Margaret :).... I want to know if there's a way you can reformat a CD-RW to cause it to behave as a CD-R in older CD players?

10. LoveAngel

LoveAngel Guest

I am having a problem with my RecordNow program. I use it to burn my music cd's and data cd's. I can open it and get to the final stage of the actual burning. I see 2 file pages move and on the 3rd it freezes. Not sure what the problem is...anyone have any ideas how I can fix it?

11. MojoPaco

MojoPaco Member

hello, I saw this thread and I am having trouble with RecordNow! as well. I keep getting the same error message about disabled drives ("all of your drives are set to disabled. on this operating system, in order to start RecordNow! you must physically remove your drive(s) or enable at least one drive.") I have tried to disable the CD/DVD drive and then enable it again..... and I have tried disconnecting it and connecting it. Any suggestions???

Last edited: Feb 21, 2006
  12. newtechie

newtechie Regular member

@Love Angel - I'm not for sure I understand these "file pages" you are referring to. Could you explain a little better?

@MojoPaco - Have you gotten your drive fixed yet? If not, try this solution. You'll have to download and run the program. Good luck.
    http://dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

13. Dawoodcoc

Dawoodcoc Member

I purchased Record Now Premier on Tuesday to upgrade my existing Sonic Record Now as I want to capture streaming internet radio and convert vinyl to MP3s. And guess what, the only parts of this record now that won't work are those two parts, and of course all the other components I need are in the existing version I have.

And I cannot get help on this, so far all I've been told to do is phone a number - no idea which country that number is (it's not a UK number) nor what the cost of calling it is and I really do not want to ring a line that could be costing me several pounds a minute as has happened before.

All help on the product take me to a Roxio page which has nothing about Record Now on it other than details of how to buy it! There is an incident reporting system which I have tried using (they gave me the phone number but no other help) which says Record Now is not supported!!

When I try to open Convert LPs and Tapes the screen seems to close and then re-open to exactly the same screen - i.e. nothing really happens. When I try to open Capture Audio from Sound Card I get an error message. Really, really helpful. So since Tuesday Roxion have had my money for this program and I have had nothing useable from them.

Anyone else had this experience and any idea what to do about it. I have spent this morning uninstalling the program and downloading it again but nothing has changed. I have Windows XP SP2, a PC with 200 GB of memory of which 77 GB is free so there is ample space for the program. The help is no use as that is geared to telling you how to use the program once you open it and the bits I need I can't open.