1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonic Record Now

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by Lvmyfarm, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Lvmyfarm

Lvmyfarm Guest

I bought a dell computer with CD/RW drive and DVD/RW drive. It came with Sonic Record Now and I hate it. My old dell had Roxio with direct drive, so I could drag and drop my files to a disk. This Sonic will not let me drag and drop. It takes me an hour to do a back up of my quickbooks because sometimes I can do back ups and sometimes I can't. I'm using Memorex - CD/RW Disk, do you think I should try another brand disk? I am always getting the "Read only". Roxio would let me go into Explore and drag and drop files onto the CD-RW over and over. Or I could "Send file to: D drive" and it would do back ups that way. THis new computer will not let me do any of that. It has this stupid balloon that pops up saying "you have files to write" - then I click on it and then it will write the download files to the CD. But lately the balloon does not come up, and I can't find the dang path! I have written it down C:\documents & Settings\, etc. etc. but when I go to Explore it is NOT there! So I have to do a "FIND" and sometimes it will come up and I can find it from there.

I'm just put out with DELL! They are like Gateway - they use to have good stuff, but then they get greedy for money and then start giving you crap for machines with sorry programs that don't work.

Also - I go into Explore - to properties and it shows all my DISK "CD and DVD" as FULL when they are brand new CD/RW or DVD/RW! I always liked to go see how much space I had left on my disk, but I get solid blue FULL all the time.

I thought about buying Roxio Easy CD & DVD creator 6, but read it was a terrible program and would shut down your XP operating system. So don't want that.

ALL I want is to make back ups of my programs to CD's and DVD's and I'm not being able to do it. Any suggestions?

2. vicsvw

vicsvw Member

I am having the Same Problems plus the DLA feature keep desapering. Have you came up with an answer yet. Vic

3. Lvmyfarm

Lvmyfarm Guest

Sorry no I haven't been able to find an answer - all I can do is open up Record now and go hunt for my back ups (programs) , and click the burn button. I'm still disgusted that Dell would lower themselves to go with this pitiful program when "Direct Drive" was so much easier. I have just learned to live with the problem because you sure can't get Dell to help you and Sonic doesn't care and I can't afford a new computer when I just got this one a couple months ago. Oh well!

4. vicsvw

vicsvw Member

My latest computer did not come with the progam loaded as was advertised so HP sent me to _>[bold] ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/information_storage/software/HPDLA460.exe
    [/bold]Before installing, uninstall the previously installed DLA software. Click on Start->Control Panel->Add/Remove programs Select the DLA software from the list Click on Change/Remove button to remove software.
    Now that I reinstaled the Sonic DLA I get this message on all dics formated with DLA last week "[bold] “HP DLA” Your version of DLA can read files on this disc but you will not be able to edit or add to them. [ OK ]"[/bold] I think Sonic DLA sucks and it has never worked from the start. [/bold]Vic

Last edited: Feb 3, 2005
  5. vicsvw

vicsvw Member

We tried version #460 and #460-1 and #359 At Present All agree it's a problem with xp sp2 & the AMD chip. They say they are working on it and will soon have a fix available. We got Nero-6 and it work great. Local "Best Buy" store worked with us but the Best Buy Home office just gave us a run-around. Vic.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2005
  6. snakemane

snakemane Member

i bought a dell and i try to burn movies and cant get past the copy write please tell me how i know there is a way

7. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Hmm, I've made several backups with it, and it worked for me. The only thing I'm puzzled about is that I can't edit the speed setting on it :(

8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

RecordNow has always used that funky "Fast, Medium, Slow" setup for burn speeds.

9. vicsvw

vicsvw Member

Remember WinXPsp2 And the AMD chip will not work with Somic.