1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonic riders fails to load

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by 1234aaron, Jun 5, 2008.

1. 1234aaron

1234aaron Regular member

hi :)
    I have sonic riders on PC and when i start it, it says loading down the bottom right, then it shows the Sonic team and Sega logo, then that fades away, but then... no menu, nothing. ive re-installed it, ran it in every option i could and still nothing :( any ideas would be great!

Windows XP Home
    2GB RAM
    128MB Vram NVidia geforce 5200 overclocked
    Intel celeron D 2.80ghz

edit- soz i was meant to post this in windows games.

thanks

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum.

3. daacekin

daacekin Regular member

hmmm... interesting... i've got this game without any problems. i'll try my best. i'm guessing you double click the exe and it asks you for the cd in which case you play with the disc. (copy protection)

copy protections are a pain in the rear so let's get rid of it and then try it. basically, go download a no-cd/no-dvd crack. they're not illegal. i don't think. otherwise known as game fixes. go to www. gameburnworld.com and navigate to fixed exe's and then find sonic riders. copy the exe to the game directory it should ask you to replace a file if you did it correctly. when this is done you can try the game AND you won't need the cd from now on :)

if it doesn't work make sure you have the minimum requirements

let me know if it was a success

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  4. 1234aaron

1234aaron Regular member

Thanks for replying, nope, didnt work :/

I have over minimum requirements to

any more ideas?

thx

It happens to worms 4 mayhem to!! as soon as i click on it and click start, the screen will go black for a few seconds as usuall, but then instead of loading the game it goes straight back to the desktop. However!! if i change my graphics accelerations to the second lowest option it will come up with the loading gun, then it will crash back to the desktop.

What do you think?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  5. daacekin

daacekin Regular member

you could try to change the compatibility. right click, properties compatibility tab. choose another option under the operating system's field.

most likely not gonna work though but you'd be amazed at it sometimes.

so...problem at the main menu. hmmm... would it help if i told you it's a rubbish game and you might aswell get your money back? lol even the reviews are bad.

i really don't know. you could try and swap it for another copy but since it installed fine i wouldn't say it will start to work. i'll think about it and i'll let you know.

ooo interesting!!!! i just read your reply again. my BEST advice to you would be to check for a graphics card driver update from the manufacturer (Nvidia) not third party. third party will work but usually not worth getting. and besides you don't need 3rd party. just head over to Nvidia and update your graphics drivers.

edit: wish i had a pc like yours lol

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  6. 1234aaron

1234aaron Regular member

hi, i reinstalled windows and worms now works fine!! :D then, i got a diffrent No-CD patch, guess what, sonic riders works fine :D!!

and btw, i dont mind or anything, but whata you think is crappy about the game?

thanks!! :)

7. daacekin

daacekin Regular member

well... it isn't completely terrible. it's a new style of racing which is good but the racing itself is terrible. it took me ages to understand that you can't turn. you have to brake and turn. and all the special skills like timing your jump were all new to me and made the game very frustrating and the first time i played it the game was smooth but DEAD slow and i was thinking to my self sonic games are meant to be fast. eventually the game started running faster. strange. so that's my reason :)

congratulations on getting your computer to work :) i sooooo want to get a powerful computer. all my laptops and computers can barely run the new games. i do suppose if i sell them all and get one decent one it would be better but i'm SUPPOSED to be using it for work lol

i AM thinking of selling my laptop but no-one will quote me on a price.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  8. 1234aaron

1234aaron Regular member

i need to get a new gfx card and cpu, i cant even run sonic riders at full speed, i thought i would!! :(

9. daacekin

daacekin Regular member

now hold on. i have a lower gfx card and cpu and i get top speeds. don't bother upgrading. i use it on maximum quality but not resolution simply because it doesn't support widescreen.

1) it SHOULD 100% guaranteed work on your system. so don't upgrade (in the worst case you'd probably need to downgrade)

speed up your computer. remove things on startup. mind you i dont use antivirus and i know from experience antiviruses are a big performance hit.