1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sonic riders wont run

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by ganja7, Sep 13, 2008.

1. ganja7

ganja7 Guest

i just bought a copy of sonic riders its a 2006 version i installed it ok but when i go to run it i get a message that says You can only start this game from the launcher and no matter how i try to launch this game i get the same message i downloaded a patch (SONIC RIDERS v1.0 [ENGLISH] NO-CD/NO-DVD/FIXED EXE (860KB)) that is supposed to fix the problem can someone tell me if i have the correct patch what i am supposed to do with it please

2. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

The patch may fix the problem you are having, however it's primary purpose is to allow you to play the game without the CD
    This is how you apply the patch:

1-go to the folder where you installed sonic riders (eg. C:\program files\sonic riders)

2-Rename the patch/fix that you found to SONICRIDERS.EXE

3-Cut/copy the fix to the game directory where you will see another file already there with the same name. Click paste here, and when it asks to overwrite, click yes.

When you run the game now, it should work, and it also won't require the disk to play

Hope this helps,
    Good luck

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  3. ganja7

ganja7 Guest

thanks for your help ray92 could you be a little more specific i renamed the patch as you said and tried to paste it in the foulder where the game was instaled i am embarassed to say i am not sure what the games directory is am i on the right track

4. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

I would be more specific, but I don't know where you installed the game

You will need to find this before you can do anything else.

It's ok if you can't remember the place you installed the game, just search for it.

5. ganja7

ganja7 Guest

i installed the game in the following location F:\Documents and Settings\Sonic Riders
    there are 9 objects in the foulder two of them look just like the patch one is the launcher the other just says sonic riders

6. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

Rename the patch so that it has the same name as the launcher, and cop/paste it into the folder, choosing yes when it asks you if you want to overwrite.

PS - the other icon is probably just that: an icon(image)

Hope this helps

7. ganja7

ganja7 Guest

thank you for your help i overwrote the file but i still get the same mesage

8. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

All I can think of is that you might want to un-install the game, then re-install it