1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sons PC

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by whiskey99, Apr 4, 2013.

1. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Were you able to get rid of Java and all the others?

Does your son use NETGEAR?

2. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Spybot is still in the HJT Log you couldn't get it uninstalled???

3. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Come on whiskey99, all the programs I asked you to uninstall are still showing up in HijackThis!

Don't run or send a HJT Log until you have the programs uninstalled! Or tell me that you couldn't do it and I'll try something else, Please.......

2oG

4. whiskey99

whiskey99 Regular member

I went into REVO and got it unistalled did i get right this time.

5. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

I cannot see what you do. That is why I have you make a Log AFTER you have done what I ask you to do.

I asked you to remove some programs ans THEN make a HijackThis Log. You sent me a Log that shows None of the programs have been removed. The Log is all I have to go by, I don't have a crystal ball and can't read minds.. Don't look like this is going to work.. I did try......

6. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Don't give up on me, whiskey 99..... This is seniors' discount day and you've got 11 months on me. lol
    Keep trying..

2oG

7. whiskey99

whiskey99 Regular member

I have looked everywhere for spybot cannot find,the one in HJT is the second edition of
    spybot.
    Now that i have been rooting around in HJT i saw some items that were to be removed from my PC that were not on this purge.
    I know it might not be the right thing to do but shouldnt be able to delete spybot#2 from
    the HJT log.
    If i read the directions right that if you check mark an item in HJT it should be removed.

8. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

NO, Do Not poke around in HijakkThis! you can kill your computer completely and leave you with a paperweight...

Were you able to uninstall the programs that I asked you to? You should be able to use add/remove programs in the control panel. You must be very careful with REVO because you can also kill your computer if you check and delete the wrong registry entries..... :-(

Maybe you should get someone that knows a little more than you do about a computer to help you..

When you are able to find someone, give me a shout and I will continue with them, if you would like.

Sorry,
    2oG

9. whiskey99

whiskey99 Regular member

I looked in add/remove they do not exist,what i was saying about items in HJT log can be found in post#53 of( my hosts )page #3post that are also in this HJT log and yes i have seen the bolded items that you only check mark as i caught on to the ones that are not bolded in between bolded ones.

10. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Come on, Two completely different computers... Sorry but I can't follow you and you can't follow me. as I said get someone who can help you and then call on me...

2oG