1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 530a speed issues. please help me

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by bongorock, Sep 3, 2004.

1. bongorock

bongorock Member

I've been using my 530 for serveral weeks now very well. Not one single problem and all of the sudden it had a major change in speed performance. I use auto shrink to do it all. It used to analize the disk and decrypt it very quickly. but now it takes over an hour just to decode it because it only performs at 1x. It also only burns now at 1x. Please help. I have windows xp and using 1d firmware. I'm using dvd+r's so the firmware update shouldn't be an issue. I was originally burning them at 4x speed because it would produce much better results that way. Also, when I go to the device manager it won't use the dma option, always defaults back to the other option. I do have another cd burner installed but it was there before when everything was good.

2. wcampbell

wcampbell Member

I ha ve a 530 and it is super . It will burn at 4.5 or even 5X with the speed set to max in the burners propertys. Check your disc speed. The burner will run slower to accomidate a 1X disc.

3. oskee

oskee Member

Check blank disc speed make sure it's 4X if so...
    Do a windows XP repair with the windows disc
    It shound fix the slow speed problem.