1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony CD-R's made in Japan?

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by The_Mule, Nov 16, 2006.

1. The_Mule

The_Mule Member

Haven't been here in a while, but I remember that Fuji's made in Japan were preferred to those from Taiwan. (But I've had good luck with either, as well as TDK's from Taiwan too. Riteks?)

Anyway, Best Buy had them in a 30 pack. They also had 10 packs and 50 packs but both from Taiwan. But the 30 pack is from Japan. Me and my friend read the labels over many times to verify. :)

Presumably good? Should I get some more? I did do a little bit of searching and looks like Sony's have mixed reports?

Thanks.

2. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

There should be little difference in CD-R quality these days. Almost all discs use phthalocyanine dye, and compatibility is very high. Avoid no-name brands because they sometimes are B-grade castoffs from the big factories or are made by little companies notorious for taking shortcuts in manufacturing. The Sonys should be excellent quality.

3. The_Mule

The_Mule Member

Cool, thanks. I still do stay away from Memorex though. :) Too many bad experiences with those.