1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DCR-HC45E (Battery (or unbranded)

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by reddev, Mar 27, 2007.

1. reddev

reddev Guest

Hi Guys N' Gals. Yesterday I purchased a Sony DCR-HC45E camcorder in preparation for a trip to New York in the coming weeks. I have just been flicking through the instruction book and found out that the run time for the battery is 45 minutes (typical recording time). Obviously while we're out of the hotel we don't want to be heading back and forth to recharge so I would like a second, spare battery. The instruction book list the following battery models:

NP-FH30 (supplied)
    NP-FH50
    NP-FH70
    NP-FH100

Searching online it's obvious that these things are not cheap at all, so my question is this:

a) Will I be ok to use an unbranded battery (if such a thing exists)
    b) Where is the best (re CHEAPEST) place to buy such an item?, would I be better waiting till in the USA to buy?

Obviously the more I can get for my money the better.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice/tips offered.

Red Devil.

2. glukas

glukas Member

I found np-fh50 for $35 plus $5.50 shipping at this site: nwvdirectcom. Their out now but will get in stock in May according to my mail.

I just got my camcorder and takes np-fh50, np-fh70, np-fh100 batteries and these batteries are expensive. Amazon.com has it for np-fh50 for $49.

I hope this is helpful to you.