1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DCR TRV-140 Help

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Jlasky2, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Jlasky2

Jlasky2 Member

Anyone know how to shut off the autofocus on this videocamera??? It's a great digital/tape hybrid camera that gives me no reasons to switch to HD or MiniDV camcorders. However the autofocus feature that is awesome for daytime shooting, and short-range nightvision recording is destroying my long range night vision or general night footage.

The autofocus goes freakin insane if it catches a streetlight and stays out of focus untill I look at the ground in front of me (sort of like those arcade games where you point the gun away from the screen to reload your ammo). It doesnt even have to be a light, it can be anything where the autofocus struggles to understand whats going on, even though it had it right before it "unfocused". Its so annoying because I know its focused properly, but then it goes out of focus on me, and I wish I could turn the autofocus off to stop this from happening. Anybody have any ideas on this one?

Again, Sony DCR TRV-140.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

You may find a setting in the menu to shut it off. Look at your owner's manual to see if that is an option.