1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DCR-TRV140 driver issues... been up all night...

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by KajNrig, Jan 25, 2007.

1. KajNrig

KajNrig Regular member

Okay, so here's the dealio:

I've got a nice, respectable digital camcorder (model number above) and I decided to do some video editing. I get the Adobe Premiere, I get the firewire cable, I get the know-how...

But then every time I try to capture video, my computer apparently doesn't detect my camera. I've got everything hooked up right, so I dunno what the eff is going on.

Now, I've heard that it may have to do with the driver that's installed with a cd-rom or something. On the other hand, I've also read that firewire is plug n' play. So do I need to install the cd-rom?

Actually, that's a stupid question, becaues I don't have the cd-rom anymore. Instead, I s'pose I should ask whether or not I can get it anywhere without forking out $70 to get it replaced by Sony.

Anyway, if anybody can help out, you'll have the thanks of a really tired, really cranky guy.

2. onya

onya Guest

KajNrig Here's a LINK that should help out. On page two, it doesn't get interesting until you near the bottom of the page.

It covers cord and firewire compatibility issues, driver issues and so forth.
    Don't get cranky.....get even. LOL

Cheers.

3. KajNrig

KajNrig Regular member

Okay, so what happened was really stupid. I tried everything EXCEPT look at the camera itself. Turns out that once I did, things turned out okay.

All it was was some issue with the camera. I looked in the in-camera menu and turned USB Streaming on. That's all it was.

So thanks for the help, but everything's working fine now.

4. onya

onya Guest

Hi KajNrig, Nice to know that it all worked out well in the end. Don't you just love the fixes, that don't involve Spending. :)

Cheers.