1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony dcr Trv22E wont connect using fire wire

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by bsmummy, May 12, 2007.

1. bsmummy

bsmummy Member

Just wondering if anyone can help cause this is driving me up the wall..

I have a Sony handycam DCR -TRV22E and I am trying to connect it to my computer using firewire.

Now Its not the computer cause I can connect a friends camera and it captures fine and I have a new cable so its not that either..

So when I turn the camera on it comes up with DV in so it recognises that the cord is plugged in but it then doesnt seem to be sending anything to the computer cause it doesnt even recognise that I have turned tha camera on...

I have tried changing the settings in the camera but it still comes up with DV IN..

IF i plug it in with the usb cable it recognises it fine but the capture programs I use only capture using firewire and beside the quality is better!!

I have read elsewhere others have had this problem but no solutions have been posted!! SO if anyone could help that would be great... I really need to get this stuff onto the computer.

THanks

Peta

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Apparently your system sees the camcorder, but aparently it starts in receiving mode in stead of sending mode. It looks like it is a failure in the camcorder and the only way to solve this problem is to have it repaired.