1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DRU-500A 2.0e firmware

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by blkhawk, Mar 18, 2003.

1. blkhawk

blkhawk Member

Sony just released the 2.0e firmware for DRU-500A and DRU-500AX (not sure if the 2.0e are the same among those 2)

Has any of you tried it ? ...

how does it do ?

thanks !

BH

2. monodax

monodax Member

It appears to be for the Sony DRU-500AX also as I went through their combo boxes for it and arrived at the same link. I assume they are the exact drive but I am not going to update until I hear other reports to it working.

3. blkhawk

blkhawk Member

no .. if you pick DRU-500A .. you will see the 2.0e firmware update available... and if you pick DRU-500AX from the list.. you will also see 2.0e firmware avaiable too.. and they both link to the exact same file...

anyways.. so you are going to say w/ your 1.0f ? .. or 1.0g ?

4. monodax

monodax Member

I think we are saying the same thing, I meant that you are correct that both drives arrive at the same link for the firmware 2.0e I am kind of wondering due to mine having 2.0c from the factory. I just don't know if it is worth upgrading since it is only a minor revision. If I did have firmware on the 1.x platform I would definitely upgrade to the 2.0e since most that increase version numbers have more enhancements.

5. tkwish

tkwish Member

just upgraded from the 1.0g to the 2.0e and copied a dvd on the fly dont seem to be a problem

6. monodax

monodax Member

Which drive did you upgrade the 500a or 500ax?

7. tkwish

tkwish Member

sorry forgot to mention that
    it was the 500a started life as an OEM version

8. rrider

rrider Guest

does anyone have the site to where i can get the sony dru500 firmware update? thanks

9. commwiz

commwiz Guest

10. KennC

KennC Member

I just updated a DRU-500AX to the 2.0e firmeware and now both Nero and DVDXCopy won't go above 1x for the media I was burning flawlessly at 2x. Anyone else have this issue?

11. Run4two

Run4two Member

Yes. I'm having the same problem burning my Accu dvd-r disks. I've reported to Sony. I'd advise you to do the same. See my thread on this.

12. monodax

monodax Member

Thanks for the update, this is exactly the reason I was cautious about upgrading just yet. I figure they will fix it soon. Hopefully they are not doing what pioneer did and limit the speeds of more of the cheaper media as I have the A05 also and it will burn media as 1x were my 500AX will burn it at 2x on the 2.0c firmware.

13. rrider

rrider Guest

upgraded my firmware on my sony dru500u to 2.0e and just burned a 4x verbatim dvd and it burned at 4x

14. amrodi

amrodi Member

Help

My DRU-500A, make me crazy.

Machine - Pentium 4 2,4 GH /512 MB DDR-800

After prearing an image with Instant Copy, I burned the DVD, I made another copy.

Results
    I can see both on my Home DVD Reader, but the second copy, is impossible to be read in de burner ?????

Can anybody help me ????!!!!