1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DRU-500A firmware question.....

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by bw8755, Feb 14, 2003.

1. bw8755

bw8755 Member

I just downloaded the 1.0g firmware update for the DRU-500A. In the instructions it says to off DMA, no problem, i know how. But it also says to uninstall DLA, packet writhing software, etc. What programs would qualify?

Currently here are all burning/dvd related programs i have installed: Veritas RecordNow, SOnic My DVD, DVDXCopy, DVD2VI, Alcohol 120%, nero 5.5.10.17,IFOedit,VOBedit,VOBrator,vStripMaestro,DVDDecryptor,Smartstripper. I think that's all of them.

Which of these (if any) would I have to un-install before i flash my firmware? Also, is there any problems with 1.0g? I have 1.0d right now (thought I changed it to 1.0f but it must not have updated it right).

The reason I want to update is to get the 2x write compatability on some Ritek discs i just got (DVD-R).

Thanks for your help.

2. commwiz

commwiz Guest

It looks like none of the software you're using are suspect. They're talking about InCD, DirectCD, or any others that let you use your CD/DVD media as a removable drive (you'd "format" the media and then it would take on that drive letter).

3. mog

mog Guest

You need to uninstall veritas's DLA if you have it installed also.