1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony dru-710a HELP

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by cameronp, Mar 11, 2007.

1. cameronp

cameronp Member

I had been burning some backups of movies using dvd shrink and dvd decrypt. The first couple of movies were created successfully. But any movie I try to backup now gives me an error at the beginning of the burning process Sony dru-710a (ATA) Incompatible format When I retry it tells me Command Sequence Error. I have always used Maxell -R disks with no problems. I checked it looks like there is a 1.0 firmware on it but it says cd sony dvd bah blah 1.0 Any help will be appreciated.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Maxell uses different manufacturers so results can vary. Look for made in Japan Maxell (made by Hitachi or Taiyo Yuden), Sony or Fuji. Verbatim are good too.

The latest firmware is BYZ5.

You can see which one you have in Decrypter - go to tools>drive>check for firmware update. They'll be a popup listing your version.

What speed are you burning at? If higher than 8x take it down to 8x or a little lower.

3. cameronp

cameronp Member

The type is Taiyo I downloaded the new firmware but I'm not sure how to apply. It asks me where to wxtract the file to. I always burn at 4x. I have tried another media and multiple movies. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

4. cameronp

cameronp Member

NVM I figured out how to install the firmware update and it worked immediately. Thanks so much for all your help.

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Not a problem cameronp

Glad that did the trick!

Happy Burning