1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DRX710UL owners?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by netman1, Jan 17, 2005.

1. netman1

netman1 Guest

Looking for owners and their experiences with this product. More of a review of the the products pros/cons

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  3. tjbose

tjbose Guest

I also own the 710UL and it by far the worst release of a Sony product that I have ever experienced. I have had the drive for the past week and have not been able to obtain anything close to normal functionality. The drive stalls in the burn process (CD, DVD, Images). I have tried EC7 & Nero with no success. Sony has been very unhelpful. I will writing them a letter advising them that this is the last SONY product that I will pruchase. I previously owed the 500UL with no issues. This release & the lack of Sony support so turned off from Sony that I would out & purchased a Plextor PX-716UF and it is performing great!

4. garza-cl

garza-cl Member

I've been working with this Sony unit burning some dvd's withput any problem. The software I'm using is Studio 9. it is faster than my memorex dvd burner. the only problen is that Studio 9 doesn't recognize double layer's disc, maybe the problem is Studio and not the burner.