1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVD Burner DW-U18A

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bleman50, Jan 29, 2005.

1. bleman50

bleman50 Guest

I am having trouble recording and chaging the speed of my DVD Burner, I am using DVD Copy Express, and I want to slow it down to Real Time or whatever, It seems that when I copy a Movie, and play it back in my DVD Player, It seems to skip or Freeze, Is there an Update available and what site is it at, The Compnay I bought it from here says to go to Firmware , but I cannot find it, it is a 8x Burner and copies Plus and Minus, but when it does Minus they skip, and I have gone through about 100 DVD's , and I am getting tired of buying DVD's that will not work, Can someone Help Me, My e-mail is bslemans@mts.net,

2. brobear

brobear Guest

Not a good idea to put your email on the open forum. If necessary you can give it in a PM when needed.

If you want to slow down the burn speed, go to a slower media. Most of us recommend 4X for burning DVD video, so a 4X media could be used if there are no software speed controls. Programs like Shrink with Nero incorporate a speed setting. The Nero has speed settings and CopyToDVD is another app you can set the speed with.

Skipping and freezing can sometimes be a symptom of other causes than speed settings. But that is as good a place as any to start. So, use a burning app with speed controls and see if that helps. Nero and CopyToDVD have trials.