1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony DVD Plarer

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by vakanis4, Oct 14, 2002.

1. vakanis4

vakanis4 Guest

I have Sony DVD player which is about 18 month old. The problem I am having is that DVD would not play to the end but it flip back to begining or somewhere in between. I used DVD cleaners disk before playing DVD but will not be able to see whole movie.

All DVD can not be bad or Is is my DVD player itself. Do you or anyone has such problem?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately Sony require an unscrached disk to play perfectly and always did! It could also be the cd encoding itself! If its only new it could have a few defects, If its new, you should consider sending it back!!!

3. scsi_boy

scsi_boy Guest

I have a sony dvd player as well. I have seen this problem on some rented DVD discs. It could be the case that some discs that are scratched may corrupt the conversion process when reading from disc. Normally what I do is do fast foward to skip that bad part of the track and move on with the movie. Yeah you miss a minute of the movie, but that's alot better than not viewing it at all.